HIV Prevention Community
Teak

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Teak

Why do you follow the CDC guidelines for a conclusive 3 month test but no on oral sex risk? You follow the doctors and how they say no risk but not on how they say 4 week DUO is 100% reliable?
??
The DUO is excellent at 4 weeks and the expert doctors are aware of this fact,however all you need to do is follow up at 12 weeks for a conclusive result.A 4 week DUO and then a 12 week antibody is the best way to test.
There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative result earlier than 3 months post exposure and it your case it doesn't matter you never had an exposure.
How is a 6 week duo
You have trouble comprehending. You never had an exposure and there are no tests marketed or sold that will give a conclusive test result earlier than 3 months post exposure.
Y do u believe oral is no risk? I've seen the studies but the duo test has studies too and prove its reliability
CDC does not make the testing guidelines. They are made by the manufacture and the FDA.
Ok but like what about oral
The scientific facts are that a DUO at 4 weeks is 99.89% accurate and is highly reliable.You then would need to back that up at 12 weeks for a conclusive result.The expert doctors wouldn't say the DUO was this accurate if they didn't have the figures and scientific proof to back it up.It's not just the expert doctors here at medhelp that are saying this either.Many Hiv specialists concur.That's why they offer the test in the first place.
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/ApprovedProducts/PremarketApprovalsPMAs/ucm264723.htm
Package Insert - GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA
GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA
Manufacturer: Bio-Rad Laboratories
GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA
13 - LIMITATIONS OF THE PROCEDURE
4.
A negative test result at any point in the investigation of individual subjects does not preclude the possibility of exposure to or infection with HIV-1 and/or HIV-2.
5.
Negative results can occur if the quantity of marker present in the sample is too low for the detection limits of the assay, or if the marker which is detected is not present during the stage of disease in which a sample is collected.
The test has 100% sensitivity though according to Ontario Canada Public Health guidelines
I think at 4 weeks how could IT NOT pick up p24?
Current methods for the detection of HIV may not detect all infected individuals. An ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo test result that is nonreactive does not exclude the possibility of exposure to or infection with HIV-1 and/or HIV-2. Nonreactive results in this assay for individuals with prior exposure to HIV-1 and/or HIV-2 may be due to antigen and antibody levels below the limit of detection of this assay.
ARCHITECT
How would I know if it's architect
You never had an exposure.
I believe it is a matter of opinion.  The hiv physicians also have the clinical experience to support their opinions on the date of conclusivity.
It's not opinon on the test approvals it is fact.
I am in Ontario and I know the Ontario Public Health Labs that do the testing in the province use Abbott Architect 4th Generation test.  I took a seminar on it.  I work in public health.