HIV Prevention Community
Test after 10 days?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Test after 10 days?

I have a few questions about HIV testing? What are the differinces between HIV test I hear there is one you can take after 10 days. One you can take after 30 days. And the recomended test after 3 months. Can anyone tell me the differences in test? Because I need some advice on what to expect. Here is my storie I messed up made a bad dession and recived oral sex from a sex worker.(I have been told from some on this fourm that you can not get HIV form that)  But I am still worried about that. So went to my Dr. 13 days after the incodent. He told me my risk are low but he did pump some fear into me. I am very nervus. He gave me a blood and urin test for all STDs including HIV. I am waiting for my test results. (I pray everything is good) I really want to know more about the HIV test after 10 days? How reliable is it? Can it come back wrong? ect... Also he does want me to come back after 3 months for another test. No matter what the results of this is. I really need some advise or facts about this. Thank you.
oral sex is zero risk you do not need testing
and for your info 3 months is conclusive
but for ur case no testing needed
Yes but do you have any info on a test after 10 days? I already took it. So I like to know whats the deal with that.
testing at 10 days is just a waste of money
you need no testing
Well do you know anything about that test?
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers