HIV Prevention Community
Test results conclusive?
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Test results conclusive?

Hi,
I had an exposure with a prostitute more than 3 months back.
I got myself tested on the 90th day post exposure using the Chemiluminescence HIV test in a hospital in Mumbai, India.
The report gives the following information about the test:
The test was performed on an Immunodiagnostic Vitros ECiQ Analyser and is used for the invitro qualitative detection of antibodies to HIV1 and HIV 2.
My report reads Non reactive with a reading of 0.05.
The report says anything above 1.00 is considered reactive.
The following are my questions:
1) Is the Chemiluminscence HIV test a reliable and an accurate one for HIV testing post 90 days of exposure.
2) I asked the hospital to perform an Elisa test but for some reason they did the Chemiluminscence HIV test despite having an Elisa test available with them. Is there any difference between the two tests and if so which of the one is an accurate one?
3) Do I need any further testing post this after 6 months, the reason being I was diagnosed with kidney stones during the 3 month window period, so was just wondering if that would have any effect on my HIV result. Also I read in many places on the internet that tests are not accurate till 6 months of exposure.
Kindly let me know the answers to the above questions, I would be really grateful to you. Many thanks in advance.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Your test was 100% conclusive!!!  You do NOT have HIV!  End of story!  If you cannot accept that, then you need to look into seeking professional help.

"Thanks a lot Teak for answering that. I promise my last question. Please answer this!! "<------------  Those were your words.  Keep your promise, time to move on, no more questions.
Related Discussions
35 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Teak, I have hear that you very knowledgeable on these topics. I would appreciate a response from you, the anxiety is killing me!!
Blank
Your test result was conclusively negative. You don't need additional testing.
Blank
Thanks joggen for your response.
1) So the kidney stones in no way affect the widow period right?
2) Also which of the tests- Elisa or Chemiluminscence HIV test is more accurate?
Blank
1) They don't affect the window period
2) Doesn't matter- your test was conclusive
Blank
Thanks Joggen, just one last question:
Is the Chemiluminscence HIV test a standard and a modern HIV test, the reason being all these forums usually talk about the Elisa tests and other rapid tests.
Would greatly appreciate your response
Blank
Yes,It's just as good as the ELISA.
Blank
Thanks RainLover71.
I feel much better now!!
Blank
I was advised to get a Hepatitis B test done because of my high risk exposure.
I got a HBSAg test done by the Chemiluminsence method after 110 days of exposure and the report read non-reactive with a reading of 0.05.
1) Is further Hepaptitis B testing required and if yes, when?
2) What is the window period for Hepatitis B using the test I mentioned above.
Will greatly appreciate a response.
Thanks a ton!!
Blank
I am sorry the test was done after 104 days of exposure not 110 days as mentioned.
Blank
Your test is conclusive.End of story.
Blank
As Joggen has already advised you, your test was conclusive.
Blank
Teak, it feels great to see your respond to my question.
So I don't need any further Hepatatis B testing right?
Also would appreciate if you could let me know the official window period for Hepatatis B testing. I will not disturb you with any questions further after this!!
Blank
Thanks RainLover71
Blank
You're welcome.
Blank
You need to be asking about HBV testing in their forum. This forum is HIV specific.
Blank
Teak, does Hepatatis B infection in anyway affect the HIV testing window period of 3 months (12 weeks or 90 days) time frame?
Please answer this my last question.
Thanks a lot!!
Blank
NO.
Blank
Thanks a lot Teak for answering that. I promise my last question. Please answer this!!
Does Hepatitis C infection (be it chronic or acute) affect the window period of 3 months (12 weeks, 90 days) of HIV testing. I have heard that co-infection of HIV and HCV effects the window period of 12 weeks of HIV.
I will greatly be obliged and grateful to you.
Blank
No., HCV does not affect the window period.
Blank
Blank
Blank
Thanks Teak! So even if the exposure was a high risk one (like in my case), HBV and HCV infections don’t affect the window period of 12 weeks right?
Thanks once again!!!
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Did you actually read what Teak wrote?
Blank
Sorry, but I read what Teak wrote about HCV.
The only thing I wanted to confirm was that if the exposure was a high risk one (like mine- unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker), would HCV and HBV infections affect the window period of 12 weeks?
Thanks once again!!
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
NO, HBV will NOT affect the window period, as you have already been told multiple times!!
Blank
And even HCV wont affect the window period post high risk exposure (like mine- unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker).
Sorry for so many questions...but have been through a terrible 3 months and want to be 100% assured that my HIV negative test is a confirmed result after 12 weeks.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Your test was 100% conclusive!!!  You do NOT have HIV!  End of story!  If you cannot accept that, then you need to look into seeking professional help.

"Thanks a lot Teak for answering that. I promise my last question. Please answer this!! "<------------  Those were your words.  Keep your promise, time to move on, no more questions.
Blank
I know I told u that was my last question. But there is one last thing I want to know. Please please answer this. I tried looking up for the answer on the forum but couldnt find at it. Apologies once again but i beg you to answer this.
I forgot to mention that I had a similar exposure with a sex worker ( i know its a big mistake not learning from the first experience and repeating the same mistake again) 2 days prior to the above mentioned exposure and got my HIV antibody test done on the 90th day post the second exposure which turned out to be negative ( Please note the second exposure was 2 days after the first exposure). Will these 2 consecutive exposures increase / affect my window period and do I need any further testing??
God bless you guys who do a wonderful job answering patiently to qs like mine.
Blank
Some one please answer this. Please!!
Blank
Also I havent had any exposures post these 2 exposures mentioned above till date.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
READ THIS AGAIN, AND TRY TO COMPREHEND IT:

Thir forum has rules, you cannot keep posting, you've been given MORE than your fair share of answers.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Blank
Thanks nursegirl6572 and sorry for being a pain.
So one final qs: in my case the window period of 90 days (90 days after the second exposure) would not get affected because of my first exposure 2 days prior to my second exposure right?
Blank

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Blank
Godson by name, I had an exposure at October 9th last year, 2 day later the girl tested hiv+ but tested hiv-, I tested Nagetive at 6o days, I tested negative again 80 days , I also tested Nagetive at 111 days, all with determine, and strip rapid test at Nigeria. Pls Sir and Maa, is my test conclusive is should I still worry, I have been praying asking God for mercy and rescue. Pls ur reply is highly needed.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
You posted on an old thread.  Start your own if you want to get replies.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank