HIV Prevention Community
Test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Test

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a 33 day antibody test with a negative result turn positive later.... I know many people say that of 6 week tests was curious about almost 5 week ones
33 days is not conclusive, 3 months is.  It's not likely for a test to turn positive after 6-8 weeks, but the official guideline is still 3 months.
Thank you. My anxiety is high I plan on going back at 12 weeks to get the CDC approved conclusive result. But i want to go back at 6 weeks just to gain some reassurance but I was curious if I would even see a difference between a 33 day test and a 43 day test, I know they say 28 days is considered close to 90% and 6-8 weeks is 98% im just extremely anxious and want to feel more comfortable and reassured with my 4.5 week test. Any thoughts
Anyone? Anxiety through the roof :(
You had ZERO risk- put your money and energy into professional mental help.
I had my 1st test done at 35 days post possible exposure, came back negative, I'm going through the same emotion as u right now. Really scared.
You never had an exposure, move along.
Any more thoughts on the 33 day test please someone
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
if it was a DUO 33 days is 99.89% but you had no risk,move on.
Thank you rain I am trying it was a regular antibody test what is your opinion also one question if I had possible ars symptoms ie sore throat for 2 weeks and diahreaa at the same time as well as general weakness would I have tested positive on an antibody test or do the symptoms have to subside before you would
from dr handsfield to you:

You had protected sex.  Condoms work and hand-genital contact never transmits HIV. All the business about possible minor exposure to secretions despite the condomr about boils on your skin make no difference; HIV is harder to transmit than that.  Your symptoms are not typical of HIV and should be no cause for worry; most of what you are experiencing are just the physical manifestations of anxiety and guilt over a sexual choice you regret.

kindly move along...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
yes you would have been positive on an HIV test if they were real ARS symptoms but they weren't because you NEVER HAD A RISK.
Ok thank you both no more questions from me I truly appreciate the time you are doing a wonderful thing here and helping many many people
You're welcome now get on with your life and forget about this.