Testing after two and a half years
Hello!

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl of unknown status two and a half years ago. I've never thought of HIV back then and I'm sure I didn't experince any of the typical ARS symptoms (high fever, rash,...) in the next six weeks or so. Lately, for about a month, I'm waking up every day with a sore throat. After I spit my morning's saliva and drink a little water, my throat clears and doesn't hurt much through the day. I also noticed white spots on the back of my tongue that can be brushed clean with a toothbrush. They usually don't reappear over night but they do become noticable during the day, especially after a couple of meals or so (I brush my teeth, my tongue at least twice daily and floss in the evenings). My tongue doesn't burn and doesn't break into ulcers or sores after I brush it. I also feel a little feverish from time to time, but when I measure it, it is usually between 98,2° - 99,5° F (36,8° - 37,5° C). Reading that thrush is usually a symptom of HIV progressing I decided to get tested for HIV. I tested two days ago EIA HIV 1/2/0 antibodies and HIV ag24p and the results came back negative.
What I'm trying to ask is: Is this conclusive after 2,5 years, is there any chance that I'm in a stage when HIV antibodies aren't detectable and figuring what the answer is going to be, just out of curioustiy, what would a person's state be like during such a phase?
Thanks in advance for your answers and be well. You are doing a great job in these forums.

NotHereToAnnoy
That's not true. I've been following your forums for over two weeks but this is the first time I've created an account and asked a question. I'm sorry if you think this is a scam, that really wasn't my intention. I am very pleased with my test results but I've just come here for confirmation, given I respect your work here.
If you could post a quick answer or reffer me to a thread where this kind of question was answered, it would be much appreciated.

Take care and keep up the good work.
Anytime after 3 months is conclusive.
Unptotected sex with an individual of unknown serostatus warrants an HIV test, the window period is 3 months from exposure. You have conclusively tested negative. Nothing that you mention referring to symptoms are specific to HIV.
Thank you guys. I cannot stress enough how noble it is what you're doing. It's tricky, given every case differs from the other, even if by a slight difference. Although there are numerous cases just like mine, I've never been sure if I could relate, you know? You've definitely reassured me and broutgh me closure.

As I said before, keep up the good work.