HIV Prevention Community
Testing query

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Testing query

Dear Sir,

I'm planning to take the following test at 42 day mark post exposure :

'HIV 1 & 2 ANTIBODIES, SCREENING TEST Includes p24

Testing Method: Antigen'Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay

Can you please suggest the accuracy of the test result at 42 day post exposure.

Though I've had no symptoms yet but I want to put an end to the anxiety as soon as possible.

Waiting for eagerly for your input.
I did the same test. I have searched too much and find out it is the most sensitive test on the earth. conclusive at 28 days according to expert and 3 months antibody test for a conservative window period for peace of mind.
There are not tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier that 3 months post exposure.
I have a couple of questions...I decided to be abstinent for the past two years and I took an Oraquick test and it was negative however I started feeling real ill about a day after taking the test. I had sores in my mouth and tongue, swollen glands, sore throat and an aching body. Is that normal or one of the side effects of the Oraquick tests? Or should I go ahead and get a second opinion and take a blood sample