HIV Prevention Community
This may be ridiculous, but...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

This may be ridiculous, but...

We all know the whole 'can you get HIV from sitting on a public toilet seat' question is asked a lot on forums and we all know the answer to that is no!

However today I sat on one that had the previous users pee on the edge. This wouldn't usually make me worry (other than it being disgusting!) but I was in a rush and a fair amount of this person's pee actually ended up on the crotch of my underwear, which obviously then rubbed on to my vagina, staying there another 6 or 7 hours until I got home, cleaned up and changed them.

In retrospect I probably should have just taken them off, even just for the cleanliness!

Is there any illness that can be spread through this? If not, great! If not, how likely and what are they?

Thanks! And I'm terribly sorry if my ignorance on the matter offends you, I really don't mean it that way, I'm just looking for some peace of mind.
Hello ananymous,

Experts in this forum will tell you that as far as hiv is concerned you have nothing to worry about. As far as other infections such as herpes I'm not sure but doubt it.
HIV is not transmitted by urine.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
NEVER apologise about being "ignorant." It is NOT the same as being stupid. It only implies you have not had the opportunity to learn.

You know you have no risk for HIV. You didn't need us to tell you that.

But like joe, I am not sure about there being a risk for anything else. Like him, I doubt it, but for peace of mind, call your GYN or GP and ask.

Then let ME know because I'm "ignorant" as well.
Peace
Greenlydia