HIV Prevention Community
Thrush

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Thrush

I actually have developed Thrush. Exactly 3 weeks post exposure.  I'm very scared. Never had any problems with my tongue before this. I don't know. This is ARS 101.

Please Help
Once again you need to stop the focus on symptoms and just take that test.
but I've read it is a main symptom of ARS

:<
That,s not true and i don,t know where your getting your information from but it,s wrong.Thrush is so common in everyday life.90% of woman will get thrush at some stage in their life.It,s not a classic ARS symptom.I understand your fear and anxiety but you are going around in circles.The only way you are going to know your status is by testing and nothing more.
Please, stop worrying about your symptoms and about your tongue. I'm not saying this because symptoms aren't good to diagnose yourself but because I also had  a HIV risk 2 years ago and also had many symptoms and a white coated tongue a few weeks after my incident which freaked me out because on many health websites a white tongue was a classic symptom of HIV infection so I know how you feel!

I was extremely worried and anxious for 3 months and did 5  tests (all were negative)  and after around 7 or 8 months I was able to get HIV out of my head and go back to my normal life and I noticed that my tongue was gradually becoming better and the other symptoms like numb hands went away.

So, I can tell you that your white tongue is a symptom of severe anxiety and anxiety can cause many symptoms that may seem similar to ARS.

So,  don't worry  about your symptoms and keep yourself busy I'm sure you'll be fine

great, now my entire body is aching and my throat hurts. No rash yet. I anticipate that is next. The lymph nodes in my neck are killing me.  I'm so scared and almost certain this is ARS.

This has to be ARS

Hit at exactly 4 weeks post exposure.  I can't believe this is happening to me. After 24 years of always being safe and responsible, one mistake, and then this. I don't know what to do.

:(
There is no pain with swollen lymh nodes with HIV.
Really?!  But the sore throat is painful in ARS I assume!? My throat really hurts, and I just feel very fatigued overall. Very scared. I'm nearly certain this is ARS.....
Really.. I wish I had a nickel for everyone that was certain they had ARS.
I also forgot to mention, maybe I did mention, this started all last week. Exactly 3 weeks post exposure. We are coming up on 4 weeks now, and now swollen lymph nodes, flu like symptoms, not feeling well, Geographic Tongue with a split down the middle, and throat pain. I also forgot to mention, although I'm not sure if this is related to ARS, but I've had a pressure like feeling in my ears, like water is stuck in there, making my head hurt.  

I'm losing it TEAK. I really am Convinced. Do you know about the Geographic tongue and pressure in ears>?
See your doctor if you are concerned about your symptoms
I saw one yesterday. Confirmed Geo Tongue, said my lymph nodes wern't that bad. I feel they are much worse today :< all signs of ARS
Is Geographic Tongue yet another sign that I have ARS?
Geographic tongue is NOT a symptom of ARS
Symptoms or lack of symptoms will never tell you your status. The only way to know your status is by testing.
I know symptoms never tell, but then why does everyone talk about ARS? I remember having a scare 2 years ago. I came on here religiously, and I learned a lot. But back then I didn't even have close to the scare I have this time around. And I actually have symptoms this time after 3 weeks.
Geographic tongue may look alarming, it doesn't cause health problems and isn't associated with infection or cancer. Geographic tongue can sometimes cause tongue discomfort and increased sensitivity to certain substances.
Awesome, so at this point, there is nothing wrong with me.  I will get tested when the time is right, and until then, I will practice safe sex with my current partner, like I always have (except for, I think, that one blacked out drunken night of which I don't remember what I did) and I won't be putting her at risk.  
Did the responsible thing, got tested with the p24 antigen, duo thing at 4 weeks. Came back NEGATIVE!!! I know this is around 99%, added with my low risk factor, so I'm feeling better. I will test again at 3 months just to be absolutely certain. THANK YOU!

HOWEVER, GETITRIGHT77, This test was done on Wedesday, got the results today. So it wasn't exactly 4 weeks....Today is exactly 4 weeks post exposure....So is this ok!?  26 Days?!

Still have very swollen lymph nodes all over and sore throat

:<

good and bad news?