HIV Prevention Community
Tingling (electric shock) in the legs all time!!!

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I have this tingling or electric shocks in my legs and sometimes in my arms. Are these symptoms of HIV? I am awaiting my HIV results. I
Tags: Shock
No, the symptoms are not related to HIV.
Hello!!!
Just inquiring if you ever found out what the electric shock feeling was.....
I too get a strange tingling in my legs that sometimes radiates into my arms and
feels like it exits through my fingers....
I have spoken with a doctor and he makes me think i am loosing my mind...
which I know I am not...well maybe a tad but not to this extreme....
If you have any more information it would be greatly appreciated....

God Bless

Jimmy, i suffer from the same. I think its anxiety. Although I too suffer from anxiety and am in constant fear, i have experienced the same in the past and when this first happened many years ago i felt i was going mad. Its little tingling, shocks that come and go, sometimes travel to other parts of the body. It really messes with the mind and as no one can relate, its really difficult to explain to anyone. I understand your situation. Hang in there buddy.
it is very important to remember that each of the anxiety symptoms causes a lot of mental and health problems.

"Tingling is usually caused by the pooling of blood carbon dioxide in the limbs, shaking the hands, arms, legs and feet can help increase circulation to these areas. These symptoms are not harmful and will return to normal. Light exercise is very helpful in reversing these sensations.

In regards to electric feeling in the body, The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing."
Herpes has nothing to do with tingling or electric shocks in the body.
It is anxiety what herpes have with tingling and numbing.Stop give people wrong info PLEASE..He got his problem with "hiv"anxiety dont make it worst with yours  stupid coments.thank you
ANY REASON WHY YOU GUYS ARE POSTING TO A 3 YEAR OLD POST?
Yeah, I just noticed it Teak.:) Sorry.
anxiety caluses all these symtoms (symptoms) i also felt the same