HIV Prevention Community
Toilet tissue paper / semen

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Toilet tissue paper / semen

Just did a stupid thing that I am certainly not proud of:

I was in a porn movie theater where many homosexuals go. Well, I went to a "single cabin" and masturbated. Afterwards I wiped my penis with a toilet tissue paper that was provided in this cabin. I didn't think about it when I used it, but now I worry a bit if this was such a good/safe idea. It was quite dark in this room, but the paper felt dry and unused. But who knows... in such places...

What if the one who used it before left some semen on it...? Would this mean a risk for me?
NO.
so you went to a porn theater...masturbated in a single room...and wondering if "using the toilet paper" was the bad idea???????????????
Why would it matter if homosexuals went there?  Do you think all homosexuals have HIV? Do you think no heterosexuals have it?
It is true that HIV does not discriminate by race/gender/sexual orientation.  However, this does not change the fact that men who have sex with men have a higher incidence rate of HIV when compared to other groups.  So, I can see kinema's concern, albeit his concern is unwarranted given the context.
Depends totally on the demographics.
Isn't that what I said?  A porn theater frequented by men who have sex with men is a microcosm of high HIV prevalence.
Is that from your experience or just your insinuation that all gays that go into porn shops have unprotected anal sex?
Gay nor straight there is no possible way that HIV is transmitted from toilet paper.
Not sure how you interpreted that I believe all gays go into porn shops and have unprotected anal sex.  Not once did I mention/imply that.

Read my post a little bit closer.  I never mentioned the word "gay", nor "homosexual".  Men who have sex with men are not just homosexual.  There are many men who have sex with men who will classify themselves as heterosexual or bi.

Still, this does not change the fact that men who have sex with men have a higher rate of HIV incidence versus other groups.  Also, men who have sex with men make up a majority of the newly diagnosed.  These numbers have been steadily rising since the mid-nineties.  Why are these numbers rising, especially when most people know that you can acquire HIV through unprotected sex?  Teak, do you really believe that unprotected anal sex is the only way a man who has sex with men can expose himself to HIV?  I, for one, am not convinced that this is the only risk involved.  It is indeed the highest, but not the lone risk of HIV transmission.

Why do you think these numbers are rising?
Unless they are shooting up by sharing works. They aren't getting it from toilet paper in an adult book store and for your information the gay HIV transmissions has decreased and the Hetosexual population is increasing.
HIV transmission among men who have sex with men has not decreased.  It has been increasing steadily.

Do your homework and find out.  Look at the rates on the CDC's site.  

Even the doctors in the experts forum proclaim this fact.

And, yes, they are not getting it from spunked toilet paper.
You find one place where either doctor has stated oral sex transmitted HIV.

In the United States, the number of AIDS cases attributed to heterosexual transmission, although still a small percentage of the total number of reported cases, is the most rapidly growing category.
The don't state it directly, although Dr. Hook does consistently state the estimated risk of a one time encounter of giving oral sex to a known infected partner (1/10,000 per encounter), even when people are concerned over french kissing (not sure why, given that french kissing is not considered a risk of transmitting HIV).

Read this on the increase of HIV among men who have sex with men:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/FastFacts-MSM-FINAL508COMP.pdf
Read on hetosexual transmissions. If you haven't notice it is 2010.
As you know, the CDC is a bit slow on publishing their findings.  Unfortunately, this is the best we have.
Today, women account for more than one quarter of all new HIV/AIDS diagnoses.
Still, that means 3/4 are male.

You are right about the incidence of HIV increasing among the heterosexual population.  However, this is a worldwide phenomenon and is not found within the US (or any other industrialized nation).
That quote was for the US not worldwide. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/resources/factsheets/women.htm
The 1/4 figure is not related to the fact that HIV is increasing among men who have sex with men and not within the heterosexual group.
We are done with hijacking this thread.