HIV Prevention Community
Took semen in mouth, spit, took a shot of vodka

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

So I'm ignorant. I engaged in mutual masturbation with a male, but when he ejaculated I let him do so in my mouth.

I spit it out as quickly as I could, and swished some vodka around my mouth to.. sterilize it - something I think I shouldn't have done. I followed up with some Listerine mouth wash.

I know the odds of HIV from oral sex is low, but the introduction of alcohol is kind of freaking me out.

I do use snus, and I wasn't drinking before the encounter - in fact, I only swished with the vodka.

Thanks.
note that I am HSV-2 Positive.
I dont think the alcohol has any effect. The consensus on this board is that oral sex carries 0 risk of transmission. Any health provider who works with HIV or HIV testing will tell you the same thing. There was a study on oral sex with HIV+ partners in spain, where they followed couples where one person had HIV for over 10 years. In 19,000 individual cases of oral sex, where about 50% included ejaculation in the mouth, they did not have one instance of HIV transmission from oral sex. From that study its possible to conclude that the possibility of oral transmission is less than 1/19000. The official cdc position is oral sex is a low-risk activity, carrying a risk of transmission between 0 and 1/2200. Test at 3 months if you are still concerned.
At no time did you have a risk of contracting HIV and you do NOT need testing for HIV.
Thanks guys. I am overly paranoid when it comes to this stuff...
If anything, the alcohol would actually help to inhibit the virus.  You have nothing to worry about, you had ZERO risk.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers