HIV Prevention Community
Topical steroids give false HIV test result?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I'm going to get tested tomorrow (almost 14 weeks post-possible exposure). The thing is, I've been applying topical steroid cream (Hydrocortisone and Dermovate) on my skin over the past 4 days. Since many literatures suggest that steroids are immunosuppressive, I'm wondering if this will affect my test tomorrow?
You never had a risk to begin with, so any test is conclusive. And no your cream would not make a difference even if you had a risk. But you didn't,
No it would not affect your test results which you never had a risk of contracting HIV to begin with. Oral sex is not a risk of HIV transmission.
Thanks guys! really appreciate it