HIV Prevention Community
Transmission of HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Transmission of HIV

26 days ago I had safe sex (protected with condom) with a prostitute, after each orgasm I removed the condom and went directly to shower my penis and around with hot water and soap/shampoo.

During the sex relation, she kept scratching my back, like she caused me 4 long mark across my back that I noticed against the mirror after we finished, I remember there was no blood but the scratches were little painful and looked red.

My question is, I remember she kept wiping her vaginal secretions with a tissue and I think she touched the secretions with her fingers, could she pass me HIV virus through those scratches? if her fingers had secretions?  Maybe those secretions were dry at the time she scratched me I'm not sure.
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

You don't have an HIV concern.
Thank you for response, although it reliefs me since I'm too scared about it, but my concern is that, she maybe had vaginal secretions on her fingers while scratching my back.. if those scratches were deep or I was bleeding without my notice.. wouldn't I get HIV if her vaginal secretions from her fingers touch my bleeding scratches :(
I'd also like to add that I received some white spots on my Uvula and Tonsils with throat pain but it went away using Daktarin Gel Oral the second day, the pain remained.. and that was 24 days after the relation.

I'm also having bad lower tummy pain which comes and go along with Diarrhea for 2 days now.. temperature was always normal, no sweating, no spots on the body, no other things.. some Dr. friend of mine suspects that my stomach acidity problem could cause those white spots on my uvula and throat pain, and at the same time I have some colon bacteria or something.. I'm just too scared I don't know if those are HIV early symptoms or what
Please reply
You were advised above how HIV is transmitted. HIV is not transmitted by getting scratched on your back.
I suffer panic disorder, that's why am very concerned you don't know how I feel like..

Do you mean that, if I have a scratch on my body, and she had vaginal secretions on her fingers and moves it over my scratch I wouldn't get infected?
Correct,HIV transmission takes place inside the body not outside it,what you engaged in is not a mode of transmission.You're safe.
once exposed to air, hiv becomes inactive and unable to infect.  there is no reason for you to concern yourself about the situation that you are describing.

no risk = no test
Guys I took the HIV Antigen and HIV -1 / -2 test today, and the results were "Non Reactive (0.2)" this is a 30 days after-exposure test. what are the chances that this would turn positive after 3 months?
You never had an exposure and never needed testing.