HIV Prevention Community
Transmission risk with angular cheilitis

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

A few days ago I made out with a man and though I didn't taste blood I don't know if he was bleeding in the mouth or not. I know my chances are slim but at the same time I have tears at both sides of my mouth from angular cheilitis. I didn't see if he had any any cuts at the side of his mouth either and I don't remember if the sides of our mouths touched at all, or if my tears were bleeding at the time. My question is what my risk is if he too had tears and cuts that came into contact with mine for any amount of time. And would my risk be increased if he was bleeding from the mouth?
you mean to say you both kissed?
Kissing is never a risk, no matter what.
Yes we both did
HIV is not transmitted by kissing -French kissing or otherwise.  No one has ever gotten HIV from kissing- this is true even if one or both persons have sores on their mouth or or gum and dental disease- still no risk.

DR HOOK