HIV Prevention Community
Transmission?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Transmission?

I love my best friend who is HIV Poz and I try to be supportive.  I am a nervous person and I try to get over ridiculous myths when I hang out with her.  Still, sometimes I freak, and I don't want to talk to her, because I know that worrying about transmission makes her feel awful.

I was lacing up her corset the other night, and she wanted it rather tight.  I ended up getting an itch from a rope burn on the strong, and I was in close contact with her stays as I was adjusting her.  While there was sweat, there were no cuts or visible tears, but people tell me that abrasions on my fingers and microscopic abrasions where I'm in close contact can pose a risk.  My fingers still itch but there are no tears or cuts that I can see, and I feel like a complete jerk for being so paranoid.  Am I right to think I'm overreacting if she wasn't bleeding but might have got a blister from the sides of the corset?  
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
@Teak  @spiritflame

Thank you and sorry for my ridiculous question.  She'd be so disappointed if she knew I'd written this.  Even so, I appreciate the input, and I'm going to do some proper reading.
a myth is nothing but a myth

hiv is not transmitted through casual contact.  that's a fact !