HIV Prevention Community
Undetectable HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Undetectable HIV

Im worried about the chance of being infected with hiv aids and not being able to detect it through the normal tests.I slept with a prostitute and aquired syphillis (syphilis).Since it was with a mixed race prostitute from Africa I started to worry because in Africa there is HIV and AIDS.I tested 5 times through the laboratory and realised a negative status.I told my story indirectly to a medical microbiologist as im still worried because I have a rough layer of white on my tongue which feels like dead cells.The microbiologist said there was no 100% chance of someone being truely negative.He said that it cannot be known if there is an advanced mutation of the virus or a new version (HIV 3) as a result of such metamorphosis.He also said there is a lot of inconsistances with regards what is know about this virus and has heard of a few people who have turned positive only 8 months down the line.Is he telling the truth?
AIDS is HIV it's just a progession of. MOVE ON there are no mutated HIV types that wouldn't be picked up by our standard tests.
Avatar n tn
Thankyou hopefully im safe yet.