HIV Prevention Community
Unprotected Anal Sex Many Years Ago.

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Unprotected Anal Sex Many Years Ago.

Hi.

Had this one risky encounter. 10 years ago, I had an insertive unprotected anal sex with a men with unknown hiv status. It's only last about 3 or 5 minutes intercourse in his anal. that's the only encounter I have. Besides that, me and him only do mutual masturbation and oral. there's no other anal sex after that one. I'm quite worried about him as he have few other partners that i dont know of their hiv status.

After all these years, i havent any sex as I am stay single and dont have any partners.

I never had any HIV symptoms all these while and never fall sick badly. is there any risk from that exposure. scared to death now...should i do test now?
Tags: unprotected anal sex, many years, HIV Prevention&Risks
I'm not going to bother asking why you have waited a decade to test but any test you have now will be conclusive.All the best.
It's not that I waited for a decated to test, it just i'm very stupid back then and dont have quite knowledge on this matters.

I also dont know back then that HIV is having their assymtompatic period up to 10 years. when I've read this, that make me more scared to death....i tot once people get hiv, they're immediately showing their sign or symptom..
OK,understood.Take the test now and collect your conclusive result.Best wishes.
If nothing happened to you after 10 years it is an excellent indicator that you didn't catch HIV from that event.