Unprotected sex, considering PEP
I am a 28-year-old gay male living in San Francisco (which has a fairly high percentage of people with HIV).  I am usually a boy scout when it comes to wearing condoms, but last night I got very, very drunk, took a guy home, and had sex with him without a condom (I was the top).  For whatever it's worth, I'm circumcised.  

The person I had sex with is a friend and **** buddy of mine.  It was our third time having sex, though the first without a condom.  I've known him for probably 8-9 months.  This morning, I messaged him and I asked him if he was clean, if he had HIV, etc., and he told me that he was clean, got tested in November, and that I was over-reacting and will be fine.  I have no reason to suspect that he's lying to me, but I think there's some chance he could have gotten exposed between November and March.  That said, he's almost always a top and told me that he hadn't bottomed since September, the last time we had sex.  Of course, this could have been ********, but I generally trust him.

I'm trying to decide if I should get PEP as I just past the 24 hour mark.  Unfortunately, I do not have health insurance, and I hear the medicine is ~$1000.  I just lost my job and don't have that kind of money, so I'm not sure what to do.  I could probably ask friends for the money, though.

What do you think I should do?  Wait 4-6 weeks and get tested or go on PEP?  What are the chances are of me getting HIV?  I have an anxiety disorder, so I am not sure if I am completely over-reacting or not.

Thank you for your help.
Contact your physician and discuss it with them.