HIV Prevention Community
Unprotected sex with HIV+ girlfriend for 9 months

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I started dating this lady in December 2011. We started having  unprotected sex by February 2012. Prior to that, she had assured me that she had just tested negative (test allegedly was conducted by her then doctor boyfriend). At that time. she somewhat declined going for a test with me saying it would be repetitive. Over the subsequent months, we continued having unprotected sex. I did an HIV test on August 2nd 2012. On November 15th 2012, the unimaginable happened. She got pregnant by me and when going for the check up, she was diagnosed HIV+. I immediately did an anti body test the next day and it came back negative. Because, we had the last sexual encounter on 14th November 2012, I also immediately put myself on PEP (combivir/ Truvada) starting from 16th November 2012. About 55 days post exposure and 25 days post 28-day PEP therapy, I did another test and it came back negative.
I followed this up with another test on 26th January 2013 which was  43 days post PEP (73 days post exposure) and it too came back negative. I know i have to do a 90 days post PEP test for a conclusive result which will be due on 9th March 2013.
Now, what are my chances that I will remain negative.? I am really stressed up over the last two months and life seems meaningless to me. Please advice
so I've read your post(in health boards as well) and you say that your girlfriend is infected..I think you should really go and see a good doctor because the one u mentioned to have seen seems like a complete idiot....if she tested positive in an antibody test..it should be followed by a western blot for confirmation..if it is still positive then you know she is infected and hence the viral load test and CD4 count is done...so based on what you're saying you should look to rule out the chance of a false positive with a WB confirmation..all your testing indicates that you may have dodged the bullet here..its common for one person to test pos and the other negative (as a couple) but to be sure get an antibody test urself at the 90 day mark post your PEP intake for CONCLUSIVE results!!
Same advice you received on h e a l t h b o a r d s.
Thanks joggen and tonster246. we have met on yet another forum. I am ever on the internet due to the stress am going through. I guess, i have to get off the internet for sometime until i have the test at the 90 days post PEP mark.  It seems most advice is consistent though i have read some really weird stuff too that really freaks me out.
Tonster246,  her CD4 count is present 634 and her viral load was found to be about 200 copies.  Even though she did not do western blot, i believe that the fact she has 200 copies of viral load should be indicative enough that she is HIV+ based on two antibody test results?
i can't answer that...your doctor should sort out all this with you..but there is just no way you can confirm the diagnosis of HIV through a positive ELISA alone..WB confirmation is ALWAYS done..find a good doctor and sort this out!
Dear colleagues. Thanks for the varied advice i have received. Just an update. I  had another test two days ago (16th Feb 2013) and this was 94 days post exposure and 65 days post PEP. Result was again negative.  What is the probability my result will turn to positive within the next 20 days when it will be 12 weeks post PEP