Using a safety pin needle to pop pimples?
I'm assuming even if the hiv/aids virus was on the needle at some point, if they needle is dry when I pick it up and prick a pore or pimple on my face, I am at no risk because the virus would have died before poking my skin right?

I remember I ran the needle under water and am not sure if I put any soap on it..

How long does the hiv/aids virus live once it hits the air?
Does it die within the same amount of time even though it is on a sharp object if it had poked a hiv pos person?
Does the blood need to be dried up for the virus to die?
Will soap and water kill the virus on any surface?
I work with kids every day who will get bloody noses and what not, if a drop of their blood falls underneath my nail, lets say, or dry chaffed skin, is there a real risk? (even though, i know it is not very likely a child would have this)

If you can get it sharing needles/syringes, how come it does not die within seconds on those? Is it because there may be some alive and left over INSIDE the needle?

Thank you for the information!
Use the community seach function.(right hand top side of page) This has been discussed thousand of times.
So sorry, I did that before and was only getting 3 results which had nothing to do with a regular safety pin like needle.

& Just searched "needle hiv" and got a bunch..

Closest thing I found was if it was a plain ol needle and was not hollowed out, there is no risk..correct?

I'm sure someone used the pin before, but not in days but it was in a canister withh earings and such...so I'm not sure if virus could live in a closed canister like that.

So sorry Teak! & Thank you a bunch. Bless.
there is no risk..correct? CORRECT

The virus is not alive so it can not be killed, But it is active or inactive. Once the virus is exposed to air and temp change the virus is rendared inactive and unable to infect. So there would not be a risk for HIV in what you describe.

Hope this helps!
Ironically after giving that situation above, yesterday..something similar happened today. ;[

Simple washing after something like the above situation I described would wash away any of the virus right?

Could it go under the nail and stay there, say if you push the virus germs more under your nail when trying to clean out the underneath of your nails? Basically could it survive underneath a nail?

I'm just worried because I had to insert a tampon (sorry tmi) and did it with the same fingers a boy touched when I handed him a tissue with his perhaps bloody fingers from a cut on his ear today in class. (after washing my hands a few times)

That did help Nick, thank you!

I posted that question after yours at the same time as your last posting, so I did not see your answer until just now. Thank you!

& Just to clarify on the other questions (sorry for being annoying)
Simple hand washing will inactivate the HIV virus right?
Can it survive underneath a nail you think?
Is there a proper way to clean under nails so I do not push any viruses or bacteria further back into the nail tissue??

While reading on the internet can really ruin any sense of safety in this world (which I confess, it has done to me), finding informative people like you "Top Answerers" is very comforting instead of going through threads of people with more hunches.
your post sounds like someone with health anxiety in general.

hiv is transmitted through...
unprotected vaginal / anal intercourse
sharing iv drug works
mother to child

hiv is NOT transmitted in the manner in which you are describing.  IF you have one of the above mentioned exposures...THEN you have put yourself at risk !