HIV Prevention Community
Vaginal fluid touched a fresh cut

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Vaginal fluid touched a fresh cut

Hi Doctors,

I am afraid my cut wound touched the vaginal fluid during a protected sex. How much risk do I have?

The cut wound is around the groin.
Injured 20 mins and bleed a little bit / Stopped bleeding when touched the fluid.

2-3 drops fluid from her vagina. I think the fluid only exposed in the air for several seconds.
So the virus in the fluid can touch the air which might cause it lose the infectious?

Thank you very much.

This discussion is related to questionable vaginal exposure to cut.
Reread the replies you have been given.
you were already told you never had a risk--the risk assessment isn't going to change just because you post again.
Avatar n tn
Noted. I won't post again. Thank you.
Avatar n tn
Thank you, Teak. I won't re-post it. Hv a good day.
You too.
You're welcome
Avatar n tn
Hi R & T, I called to Singapore STD to consult the doctor about my case.
My cracked wound at groin area touched the fresh vaginal fluid. The doctor's reply is "An open wound coming into contact with a women's vaginal fluid comprises a risk of some sort, especially if that wound is in the groin area where pressure during sex is greatest. If you was wearing a condom, it does not really matter since it is not HIS fluid that he should be worrying about !" What does the doctor mean? Means I m in danger or I don't need worried.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.