HIV Prevention Community
WHITE TONGUE Oral Yeast Infection

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

WHITE TONGUE Oral Yeast Infection

Does anyone have a white tongue that doesnt go away..i have had it now for a 11 weeks..it clears up when i brush but its back after awhle....i tested hiv negative at 91 days but my white tongue and white stuff in the back of my throat wont go away..i,ve been on nystatin and pills but i  still have it..its not as bad as it was at the begging but it still there.. its makeing me nervous does anyone have it and having a hard time getting rid of it..i also have abdominal pain..i had an upper gi and lower gi did see anything but he did see the white in my throat when he went in my stomach..i have another hiv apointment friday should i go i will be 15 weeks..or is mt 13 weeks conclusive also i found out my posible exposer was with a girl that is indeed hiv poitive..it was rummered but know confirmed..
hi, i know the reason why, you are just not able to get HIV out of your head, it's due to anxiety, drying of mouth is one of the common problems faced due to anxiety, you have tested negative on the 91 th day after your exposure, that is 100% conclusive. forget HIV. it's not for you any more.
Hey Tony..i dont think its thrush its a yeast infection my guess i believe thats what the doctor said..it was like dry month really white salava kind of sticky when i touch my tongue on the roof of my mouth..then i guess as i started convincing myself i had hiv it got alot worst..then i started panicing...and that was it.. i started losing weight everything as the hiv signs..the only thing that really scares me that i cant explian is i had 2 night of dreanching night sweats ...i mean soaking....anyways as my negative results started coming in i think i started feeling better..but i never took antibotic (antibiotic)..i think it might have been the stress..the white tongue is now worst in the back it was the whole tongue at first still is but alot less..i have an appointment this friday but i,m not sure ill go i,m kinda nervous i like my 13 weeks negative and i really dont want it to change...should i go would you..i know if it is negative it would be 15 weeks and for sure i wouldnt think its hiv..but if its postive i would freak out so im not sure what to do..
did you mean now confirmed,or no confirmed? it doesnt really matter, you tested negative past 13 wks. now about your white tongue, if nystatin and pills are not working, then very unlikely it is thrush. besides thrush are white elevated plaques that can be scraped or rubbed off the mucous membrane in your oral cavity. what you are experiencing is probably elongated filliform papillae that appear white, due to an antibiotic you took due to hpylori, thats just my guess from your diagnostic tests. it will take a little time, but it will go away, eventualy.i speak from experience. i researched the net to find a way to relieve mine, i tried h2o2,hydrogen peroxide. actually made it worse. after about 3-4 mos of using a tongue scraper it looks like mine is clearing up. however, you cant scrape it hard and fast. try it slow and persistent almost gentle if not youll end up with a sore tongue. i tested 12,17.5,32 wks negative, your symptoms play with your mind like id did miine, but just hang in there trooper... you are negative hiv for sure...
Also i noticed if i use mouth wsh it gets worst..and also food will color the white tongue to what ever i ate..and also i meant i found out the girl is hiv postive..well that what i was told i really dont know 100% but i had someone tell me she is...
the way you describe your tongue, thats like mine. mouth wash makes it worse also. why dont you ask her directly. if she is shell tell you, since you were exposed to her. but really, 13 wks is golden. if you decide to test out to 6 mos, it wont change. but do it for piece of mind. what was your exposure?
i went back to read your exposure, it was oral.  thats 5/50,000, never proven.1/10000. i really don like playing the #;s game, because i believe if you were exposed, the only way to know is testing out 3mos,which you have, which i have. now, i carry condoms always.