HIV Prevention Community
Waiting for test results

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Waiting for test results

Hello

I'm scared waiting for HIV test results. I've had unprotected oral sex with a few partners but none of them came in my mouth. I've had receptive anal sex on two occations but both with condom, no breakage.  So basically I thought I was OK but my boyfriend got sick in february and had fever (>103.8) for 6 days as well as sore throat. No pain in the muscles so his doctor said it couldn't be the flu?! He had sucked me a few weeks after one of the anal encounters and got some of the cum in his mouth. I've only been sick a few times and not with high fever, and never skipped more than 1 day of work.

Also I later developed a small rash on my chest, like a dollar coin. It seemed to come on very quickly, it's a red area with something that looks like acne in it. It's become slightly less but it's still here one month after :(

Now this guys story has made me really scared:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV--Living-With-/Newly-Diagnosed-Not-been-to-ID-Specialist-have-questions-on-testing/show/1889784

It seemed like the same risks I took and he became infected!
You never had an exposure in the situation that you've provided.
Just got the response: Negative! Thank God!