HIV Prevention Community
What are my chances

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

What are my chances

Hello There,

I am new to this forum and currently very very scared. I am a healthy guy, recently went to Thailand for bachelor party of my friend. I had sex with 2 girls there. I was very very cautious to use condom but following happened:

1. Condom broke : I was having normal vaginal sex with a girl and condom broke up. I felt it immediately and removed my penis immediately.
2. Unprotected Anal sex: The girl seduced me a lot and I inserted without any protection. However after few stroke, I realized what I was doing and I removed it. Thereafter I did with condom.

With high HIV/AIDS rates in Thailand, I am really really scared about the risk of any STD specially HIV/AIDS.

Can someone suggested me what can I do?

Those are for early detection and must be taken within the 2nd and 4th week post exposure and if the results are negative you will have to get your conclusive test at 3 months.
You can obtain a conclusive negative test result 3 months post your last exposure. You can take a baseline test at 6 weeks and your conclusive test at 3 months.
Thanks a lot Teak.

Can you shed some lights on what are my chances?

I picked the girls from street and I did not see any rashes on their skin. I felt that both of them were healthy.

On the condom failure you were protected until the time it failed and the risk was low with the unprotected anal it was a higher risk but more so to the receiver. HIV is not a game of chance, horse races are. Use condoms.
Thanks again for quick reply.

There are 2 tests available within 3-4 weeks after exposure. Do you think they will be helpful.

1. HIV Combination P24 Antigen/Antibody Test (HIV Duo Test) Lab test

2. Rapid Fingerprick Blood HIV-1/2 P24 Antigen/Antibody Combo (HIV Duo Test)