HIV Prevention Community
What are my odds??

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

What are my odds??

About 6 weeks ago i had an encounter with I assume a sex worker in Dubai. I had protected vaginal sex with her but before i ejaculated i like an idiot pulled out and took the condom off and started to masterbate to the finish, she actually took over and finished with her hands, then the worst part at the very end of ejaculation i rubbed my penis against her wet vagina, no penetration but i am sure that her fluids got on the tip of my penis. She imediately pushed my penis away and masterbated it again a few times and that was it.
      I have been stressed out since, extremely! At about two weeks i woke up in the middle of the night with acid reflux which had come all the way to my mouth. A day later i had a very dry throat where i had to keep swallowing, it felt really dry. The dryness eventually went away but i eneded up with what the call a cobblestoned throat, the Dr says it was from post nasal drip but i dont feel the post nasal drip. My nose is clear. I still have a very slightly sore throat and the cobblestoned appearance. It has been 6 weeks since possible exposure and 4 weeks since my sore throat started. I have not had any fever or rash. Just the sore throat. Should i be worried about possible HIV? I am freaked out, i am on a ship at sea and wont be able to test for a couple more weeks. Should i do the Oraquick test first? It will be at 8 weeks.
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex *
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

* you did not have any unprotected penetrative sex.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Teak, Thank you for your quick response. I would like to specify that the lips were open and we had just finished intercourse. So you dont think there is a chance that her fluids could have gotten into my urethra? I probably still had a a little bit of semen coming out too.  Also, this throat issue has been going on for a month, does that sound consistent with ARS? Again thank you for your response!
I will get a test for peace of mind also, would the oraquick be any good at 8 weeks?
You never had an exposure. HV is not transmitted by masturbation even if you have vaginal fluids cupped in your hands during masturbation.
Thank you again for your response! My main concern is when i rubbed my penis between her lips at the very end. Thanks again!
HIV is transmitted by;
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

Thanks Teak! Makes me feel better! Now i just need to figure out whats causing this throat issue, i'm hoping reflux has caused the inflammation. Thanks again Teak!
You're welcome
I know you probably get tired of hearing this from people but I ,like some of the others, am stressed out over this stupid drunken incident. I just want to be sure about myself, i want to let it go and move on. I cant get a test for another two weeks(if i need one). This is my concern, unlike most of the other post similar to mine, we had protected sex first, then after the protected sex I rubbed my unprotected penis on her still wet vagina as i was finishing ejaculation. Couldnt her more potent cervical fluids been between her lips? When i rubbed my penis between her lips i am sure i brushed up against her labia. Should i still be concerned?? I also still have a slightly sore throat and i think my glands may be swollen too( i know i know symtoms (symptoms) mean nothing) the internet outside this site has freaked me out. I wont bother you anymore after this question Teak. Thanks again!
Your question was answered please move along. You do not have an HIV concern.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers