What are swollen glands? how to tell?
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIVSupport/messages/1066.html

I am approaching the 4th week mark (thursday). Aside of what I posted, the only symptoms I have now is slight discomfort in the neck. Its pretty much gone, only there if i focus on it. My stool looks to be getting better, its starting to form more solid/longer pieces, but looks fibery.

Anyways, I read that symptoms include swollen neck/groin and armpit glands. How can you tell? I've had no pain or discomfort in my armpits. My groin area was uncomfy the 1-2 week (but read my posts, all this due to possible bacteria/UTI from spermicide use). My neck, while it was sore, didnt feel like a sore throat by any means. To the touch it wasnt painful, and I couldnt really tell if my neck was swollen....so how can i tell if i have swollen neck glands?

I'm still waiting on the results of the HIV test, but i really suspect its nothing. Still on Doyxciline for the possible bacertia/uti/minor std precaution. Overall i feel so much better.
You have to have them diagnosed by a doctor.
The only one that can diagnosis swollen lymph nodes is a doctor. Keep your fingers off them and don't prod them or they will become swollen and sore.
Trust Teak... i drove myself sick with fear thinking my glands were swollen for months.  went to a doctoer and told me i was fine.  stay off the internet looking for symptoms.  i drove myself into such a panic state i couldnt work, sleep, or eat.  I am now on anxiety meds even after testing negative.  **** swollen glands, night sweats,  all that stuff.  just forget about it and test.
when glands are swollen you can usually feel them by touching the surface of your skin - they feel like lumps under the skin. one of my symptoms is a swollen gland in my groin area and I can actually see a bump where the gland is swollen.
I can feel alot of glands easily in my groin area too, they are not visible though (no raised bumps) but quite balanced (left and right are about the same size and numbers), so I don't know if they are swollen or normal. My neck glands are definitely swollen though, as some are visible (raised bumps) and some are quite palpable upon touching (left and right side are different in size so you can tell).