What is the chance I may have been infected?
I was engaged in deep, heavy, french kissing.  The guy bit my lip pretty hard.  Then later he bit me even harder, and this time I thought I tasted blood in my mouth. I thought the bite may have punctured my lip or at least created micro-tears. We continued in deep kissing without stop after the bite (lots of saliva exchange I presume).  Can you please tell me what the risk is that I contacted HIV?  I don't know the HIV status of the guy.  I am really worried about it at this point, and I have developed some cold-like symptoms.  It has been 3 days since it happened.
Thanks for your advice.
Zero. You don't get HIV from french kissing nor can you infect yourself with HIV by your own blood.
I read that saliva contains small concentration of hiv virus, so i was worried i may have contacted hiv through his saliva entering my bloodstream through the open cut on my lip.
Saliva is NOT infectious and it also contains a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibit HIV transmission.