HIV Prevention Community
What is the chance I may have been infected?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I was engaged in deep, heavy, french kissing.  The guy bit my lip pretty hard.  Then later he bit me even harder, and this time I thought I tasted blood in my mouth. I thought the bite may have punctured my lip or at least created micro-tears. We continued in deep kissing without stop after the bite (lots of saliva exchange I presume).  Can you please tell me what the risk is that I contacted HIV?  I don't know the HIV status of the guy.  I am really worried about it at this point, and I have developed some cold-like symptoms.  It has been 3 days since it happened.
Thanks for your advice.
Zero. You don't get HIV from french kissing nor can you infect yourself with HIV by your own blood.
I read that saliva contains small concentration of hiv virus, so i was worried i may have contacted hiv through his saliva entering my bloodstream through the open cut on my lip.
Saliva is NOT infectious and it also contains a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibit HIV transmission.