HIV Prevention Community
What is the risk with bleeding gums and irritated gums?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi, i am very anxious with questions in my head, last week me and my girlfriend kissed deeply , 10 minutes after i brushed my teeth and i had observed blood on my gum after brushing. I don't know if she has scars or bleeding gums but i don't think so, because she didn't brush her teeth just put some toothpaste to her finger and cleaned her teeth with finger. because we were in my house and she didn't have toothbrush and I don't know if she has hiv or not but she told me that she was very active before dating with me.

So questions are;

1.How highly risk under i am?

2.Is it possible to transform hiv from her saliva to my blood?

By the way we didn't have any sexual intercourse,anal sex or anything else, just kissed deeply 10 minutes after i brushed my teeth.
You don't have an HIV concern.
Can You give me some more details please, cause i am really anxious now and i have history with anxiety disorder..
Post your questions in the HIV Anxiety Support Group.
"Kissing is no risk, even deep ("French") kissing and even with a person who sores on their mouth or has gum or dental disease."   DR HOOK

"Of course no risk. HIV is not transmitted by kissing, even with sores in the mouth.

Despite the billions of kissing events in the AIDS era, not one case of HIV has been known to be transmitted that way, even though millions of those kisses undoubtedly were with cuts in the mouth or on the lips."  
DR HANDSFIELD
Thank You for Your answer, but i heard about one example of hiv has transformed by kissing in New York in 1997, haven't You heard about it?
You can hear a lot of things but that doesn't make them correct. You never had an exposure.
there are NO verified cases of someone contracting hiv through kissing.
When i think about random kissing in clubs or somewhere else it is true but kissing right after brushing teeths is make bleeding fresh and there is the point which makes me anxious. But i want to believe You wise people, i wish you are true.
You can kissing all and anyway you want, you would not have an HIV concern.
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/11/us/case-of-hiv-transmission-is-first-to-be-linked-to-kiss.html
Did you happen to look at the date? Move along.
Yes, what changed since then? Do you mean it was a false diagnosis?
Scientific studies and at no time did you read it where it said verified. Peer reviews are not reliable resources.
I have really dry mouth and some sores in my mouth now, i am scared..i don't know if i have courage to get tested..
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.