HIV Prevention Community
White and burning tongue

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

White and burning tongue

About one and a half years ago I had unprotected sex with 3 different girls in Africa. I never thought anything more about it until the start of January this year my tongue started to go white and I had a burning feeling in it. I recently got a mouth swat test for HIV which came back negative but I am still worried that I might have hiv as my tongue is still white and still burning. Is there still a risk that I could have hiv?
Unportected penetrative sex warrents testing. As you tested after 1 and half years after your exposure and came back negative, this means you do not have HIV. You can get your tongue checked from you local GP. You are good as far as HIV is concerned. Make sure to use condoms each time you have sex with a partner of unknown hiv status.
Thanks for a quick response at_ss. I saw my GP and they said if it didn't go away in a months time to go back and see them. It just worries me!!
White tongue can be caused because of common reasons like drinking less water, lack of sleep, stress. Get it checked and I am sure you will be fine :)
You do not have an HIV concern.