HIV Prevention Community
Worried about HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Worried about HIV

Worried sick about hiv:

I received oral sex from one man.
I was the top during protected anal sex with another man. I came out and tried to go back in. When I tried to go back in the condom busted. I don't believe my penis head actually went inside him when it busted. I did test positive for gonorreah but I believe the man who preformed oral sex on me (different man than the anal).

I am worried sick about having hiv. I don't know the anal sex partners status and I am not in communication.
What are my risks if my head was uncovered and went inside for a second?
No it isn't a high risk but it is a risk, as you were advised you can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
Hi, oral is no a risk for HIV but a busted condom without knowing if you were inside his anus is. Testing would be 3 months post exposure.
Yes a busted condom is cause for concern. You can actually be tested at six weeks and then again at three months. If you are sexually active it is wise to be tested every three months. Better safe than sorry.
Since it was a very brief exposure unprotected (if any at all), is it a high risk? It  my penis head was inside him unprotected at all it was for maybe 3 seconds.
I cannot quit worrying over the situation. How likely is it?
We can't give you odds here,this isn't the kentucky derby.You were told when to obtain a conclusive result--a risk is a risk.