HIV Prevention Community
Worried about encounter with prostitute

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Worried about encounter with prostitute

Hello everyone, I just came home from visiting a local rub and tug in Toronto. I had protected sex with one of the prostitutes and am worried about potential HIV infection. Just before I went, I shaved my pubic area and had small cuts that were bleeding slightly around the base of my penis. When I went, I did not see any fresh blood and thus continued. We had sex with a condom, but I am worried if she had HIV that there may have been some contact on these cuts because when I went home and took a shower, a few of them began to bleed slightly again. When we were having sex, there wasnt very much contact between the area where i had the small cuts and her vagina. I also performed oral sex on her for about 15-20 seconds but more so around the top part of her vagina. The condom did not break, and she assured me she gets tested regularly as most girls who work there do. She proceeded to tell me that she actually went for a physical test a few days ago and they drew blood samples from her and she was healthy. I am just concerned about what potential risk I have if any and if I should go get tested. I have also been to this same establishment probably about 10 times before and have had sex with maybe 3 or 4 different girls and received oral sex a few times, but all times protected. Do I have anything to worry about here? Thanks in advance.
Tags: HIV Prevention&Risks, prostitute, penis cuts
Avatar n tn
you don't have a risk for HIV.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for the speedy response. Just curious though, do you think I should test? And for the future, the only types of intercourse I am active in is heterosexual vaginal and oral sex. Vaginal always with a condom, and oral in some cases unprotected but this is more of a "person I know" or "relationship" type act for me. I have stopped going to the rub and tug but today I slipped, but am not planning on going back. Is my general lifestyle considered anything high risk? Much appreciated 7heaven7. If Teak is reading can he also give some input? I've seen his name come up as a reliable source on these forums as well. Thank you!
Avatar n tn
the rules are quite simple; use protection for oral/anal intercourse and you're safe, if not, you're at risk.
oral sex = zero risk for hiv. BUT, you do run the risk of other stds. I think TEAK is out for the moment, but, I doubt he'll tell you differently.
Only you can determine your level of risk. Of course you eliminate risk to some extent by using a condom. But the more exposures, the more risk there is. However small that may be.
You're welcome. Stay protected. Stay well.
Avatar n tn
I'm sorry, i"m a bit sleepy. I meant protection for vaginal/anal intercourse is a must.
At no time did you have a risk of contracting HIV.
HI all,
I would really appreciate some help as i am going through some mental hell these days. I've been with csw's (everytime protected). In my last encounter she for about 1 minute performed oral sex on me and then put a condom on, we then proceeded to have vaginal intercourse (protected) and then we finished up after about 15 minutes. For some unknown reaosn this encounter is freaking the life out of me. I tell myself all day "there was no risk" but my mind is getting the better of me...how can i control this uncontroleable frame of mind, my fear is going bezerk, i think it's all over!...PLEASE HELP ME!!
You used protection and the oral sex was no risk so what are you worried about,you're safe.