Worried about exposing hiv to child.
I am hiv positive with a undetectable viral load, last tested about 3 months ago. So, this is my situation, I irresponsibly left a used tampon utensil that I placed back inside the wrapper after usage on the floor of the bathroom and forgot about it. I have a 2 year old daughter who I found in the bathroom with the used tampon utensil (still in the wrapper) in her hand. I took it away, ask her did she put it inside her mouth and she said no. But, I am so worried, how about if she did put it in her mouth? what is her risk? Do I need to take her to the doctor to get PEP? Moments like this really get to me when I think about it? Please help!!!
Not an HIV concern.
Thanks for your feedback. I try best to be very careful. I just found this website today and it is very informative. I had a great doctor that I could really explain my concerns and he would tell me what it a risk but he retired a couple of years ago. I will try harder to be more conscious so I won't have these worries. thanks again.
HIV is unable to remain active outside of the human body once exposed to air and drying,it therefore is no longer infectious.
Thanks for the info