HIV Prevention Community
Worried about hiv exposure at the hair salon

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HI All,

Yesterday, I went to a very respectable hair salon to get my hair highlighted. I go to this particular hair stylist all the time. She was finishing up a hair cut on another client while i was waiting for my highlights to be ready to be washed. She cut her finger with her scissors. I did not see any blood but she spent about 5 minutes in the back treating her cut and holding a towel on it. Then she came back with a band aid, finished a hair cut on the client. I asked her if may be another stylist can wash my hair because she might hurt her hand with the hair die chemicals. She said that it was no problem and she would just use gloves to wash my hair. She washed my hair in black gloves but while she was doing it she accidentally touched my eye. Her gloves were black so i couldnt see if she got any blood on them. I also had a pimple on my forehead that i popped earlier that day. I don't think i had any other open wounds on my head. What would be the risk of contracting HIV from the following situation? I am very worried.
No you wouldn't have been at risk of contracting HIV.