HIV Prevention Community
Worried about hiv

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Worried about hiv

I have done a very stupid thing and am now as worried as hell.

Basically I got really drunk in Thailand and had unprotected sex with a bargirl, I noticed some time after that I had blood on the tip of my penis, when I asked she said she was on her period, I went and washed my penis but I estimate the blood was there for probably about 3 hours.

She also gave me oral after penetration and we kissed many times.

I realise I have been very stupid and will go for tests, am I at serious risk?
Any unprotected sex is a risk. Test at 3 months for a conclusive result.

Thanks for your reply, I'm worried as this girl was stone cold sober and didn't even mention protection that she may have HIV, if she does have HIV will the fact that I got her period blood on the tip of my penis mean that I will definitely be ome infected?

would appreciate any help while I wait for tests, can't believe I have been so stupid