HIV Prevention Community
Worried on exposure

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Worried on exposure

I had visited a CSW in South Afrcia and had received oral sex from her. I also had protected vaginal sex. Now exactly three weeks later, i have swollen lymph nodes on the neck ( two on my left side under the jaw) and one on the right under my jaw, all around 7 mm in diameter. Also I have sore throat for a week ( no pain, only extreme irritation). I also have a mouth sore ( canker sore) thats been around for two weeks. Im pretty certain Im on my way to being HIV positive. Is there anyway I will be HIV negative?
I have a wife and child and I can't sleep or do anything. Im really troubled.
You never had a risk--stop worrying.
But Sir I have all the symptoms point ng me that I have a possibility..what about that? Im so sorry for keeping on troubling you. I'm so paranoid.
What symptoms--they are not ARS symptoms--you have no high fever,no body rash & no sore throat--you had protected sex--you don't have HIV--let it go.
Sir, I have a sore throat. Difficulty in swallowing. many lymph nodes swelling. Also canker sores. Im going paranoid with this sir. I know I'm irritating you now but shall I get tested?
No testing required for HIV.You are not having ARS symptoms--please stop being paranoid.
Sir, but these are very strongly felt and Ive never had them before. And the CDC is saying these are all ARS symptoms. Im so sorry. Im not disbelieving you or honored people like Mr. Teak. Im so worried sir. thats why. Are you very certain I don't need a check up?
You never had an exposure, oral sex does not transmit HIV and you had protected vaginal sex.
God Bless you Sirs. I was just paranoid looking at my symptoms since Ive never had them ever before. I don't have fever or any other sign of any other disease so I was really paranoid when I got these in the window period. I true your judgement though Im really worried. Thank you sirs.
it's Ok,relax now.
Thank you rain lover. Im relaxed now but still scared a bit!
HIV has no specific symptoms and HIV is not diagnosed on symptoms.
Thanks Teak. So I can just move on? or because of these symptoms shall I take a test ?
No you don't need a test, just move along.
Dear Teak, please don't be pissed. I am reading in medhelp that a trio of swollen lymph nodes, sore throat and mouth ulcer is a sign of ARS. Shall i completely ignore them and move on? I have a wife and child, teak. I have completely abstained from sex with my wife. Is it safe for me to start having sex with her ,Teak? Im really concerned and worked up thas why Im asking you again and again sir.

You never had a risk & you are more than safe to be intimate with your wife.
Don't ask again the answers will not change. You never had an exposure.
Dears, I read this conversation and let me say I had approximately same experience 3 weeks before, in addition in this time (Oral sex time) I had a sore in my deck.  after 3days I had some pain Under the armpit and at my left side behind of my heart  for 4 days so I went to visit a physician but I could not tell physician that I had sure on my deck in oral sex, physician examined Under the armpit and my Spleen and she told me “there is no problem but for being sure you can go to HIV test after 2 or 3 months”, 2 days after I sweated  too much for 3 nights  when I was asleep while  weather was really hot and we did not use cooler, but after 2 weeks I did not have any problem. I should add that I do body building and I took L-glutamine as a daily supplement which I have heard also used for AIDS. finally after 19 days I went to HIV test(ECL test) result is 0.249(negative: <4.9) but I am still worry, may I ask you that tell me what is the probability of being HIV positive in this case?
You never had an exposure and don't be hijacking another person post to ask questions.
Hi, I am not hijacking, and I am not too much worry about oral sex but this sure on my deck changes my mind, because I have read an article that says if her mouth had sure it might be HIV risk, i do not have wife and children just i am worry, but these conversation was good for me just about sure on my deck, i am worry. Sorry for bothering you 
Dears, I read this conversation and let me say I had approximately same experience 3 weeks before, in addition in this time (Oral sex time) I had a sore in my deck.  after 3days I had some pain Under the armpit and at my left side behind of my heart  for 4 days so I went to visit a physician but I could not tell physician that I had sure on my deck in oral sex, physician examined Under the armpit and my Spleen and she told me “there is no problem but for being sure you can go to HIV test after 2 or 3 months”, 2 days after I sweated  too much for 3 nights  when I was asleep while  weather was really hot and we did not use cooler, but after 2 weeks I did not have any problem. I should add that I do body building and I took L-glutamine as a daily supplement which I have heard also used for AIDS. finally after 19 days I went to HIV test(ECL test) result is 0.249(negative: <4.9) but I am still worry, may I ask you that tell me what is the probability of being HIV positive in this case?and I am not too much worry about oral sex but this sure on my deck changes my mind, because I have read an article that says if her mouth had sure it might be HIV risk, i do not have wife and children just i am worry, but these conversation was good for me just about sure on my deck, i am worry. Sorry for bothering you 
We cannot help the incorrect information you are reading. Now move along.
I can understand you dear Peacefulpersona, i had a little bit symptoms, finally it might be a HIV test after 2 months for being comfortable, and i recommend you to use condom for sex with your wife for this 2 months. I hope we are in safe side.
Don't recommend anything to anyone. You don't have a background education and your information is incorrect.
OK,sorry
Dear Teak,
Im getting scared with this guy telling me things. Sir, I had dysentry \(4 times), sore throat, enlarged lymph node as i said (as hard as a stone) and of course, a canker sore. Sorry for asking again. Are you sure sir that Im safe or is it that something went wrong? She had deep throated me
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Dear Sir Teak, Im so sorry for posting like this. I do not have internet access all the time. I can check only once in ten days. Sir, the sore throat I felt was something strange and for the first time. And at that time I had a canker sore and dysentry. Thats why I was worried since every website said that sore throat is a symptom  of HIV infection. Im so sorry. I apologize and I'm very sorry.
Sir, don't be pissed. and don't write me off. I have been having nightmares thinking Ive had those symptoms. All of them. Sore Throat, Lymph nodes swollen, mouth ulcer, dysentry and joint pains. I believe you that oral sex carries no risk. DO you think my condom protected sex would have failed?
If no, then sir, why these symptoms? Ive never experienced them before. I read your posts regularly and have great respects for you. And hearing from you is such a relief. Im so scared and haven't had sex with my wife as yet.
You don't have an HIV concern.
Sirs, dont misunderstand me. Im don't mean any dis respect.
It isn't that we are misunderstand you in so much you aren't comprehending what we are telling you. You do not have an HIV concern.
Thank you sir Teak. You are doing such a great job and being such a relief to so many people in this world.
I do comprehend sir. But how come i have these symptoms from no where? Thats my worry.
See your doctor for your symptoms they are not related to HIV.
Dear Sir, i went to the doctor. he is telling me that these are definitely ars symptoms since i had no other illness. he says all my symptoms came at once and disappeared exactly like ars symptoms. and because its in the window period and since there was no other viral infection and also because i had an exposure, he says i must do a test. also he says my sore throat appeared to be severe the way i described it, just like hiv sore throat. he rules out mono and is very much concerned if i have caught hiv.now im very worried.
Move on.
sir teak, im travelling tonite to my country for a test. you will know tomorrow evening if im positive or not. if i am, i.will kill myself. pray for me sir teak. you have stood with me
don't come here speaking of suicide...it's very disrespectful to those here who either have hiv / aids or have a loved one who does.
Enough with the drama--first of all you will be negative and secondly HIV is a chronic illness now not a death sentence so stop with the stupid remarks about killing yourself--that's just silly.Have you heard of ARV therapy--well it works.
Friend you are Hiv +ve ok..

And you know why you had symptoms because their are 1000's of disease , to which our body reacts with some common symptoms to them like swollen nodes, fever, night sweats etc ..

So rather than just thinking about Hiv consult your doctor for your health issues.!
All the best.
sorry for wrong post i meant you are Hiv -ve ..!

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV .! It was typed by mistake.
i didn't mean any offence sir. im just completely devastated and destroyed. i think you didn't read all my symptoms. today the lymph nodes above my collar bone are swollen. im desperate.
Friend you are thinking too much , you never had any exposure .!
You used protection .!
I was in your shoes some months back i know how it feels , but at the same time i did not used protection and i was sick for 4 months still i am having some issues , but i have found my illness, so will you.!

The end of the story is that you are Hiv -ve .!
TAKE IT ELSEWHERE ! ! !

YOU NEVER HAD A RISK FOR CONTRACTING HIV.

ANY "SYMPTOMS" YOU ARE HAVING ARE NOT HIV RELATED.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...THIS FORUM HAS NOTHING LEFT TO OFFER YOU.
guys you can say that. my exposure was in Africa. not in usa . all medhelo experts are talking in context to developed countries. and my symptoms are clear indicators. lymph nodes, sore throat,diarrhea, mouth ulcer, head ache . anyways im thankful to all for helping me. ill be taking the plane in a couple of hours, with no hope.
and also sever joint pain and muscle aches. i also had heat blisters on my head. and today , apart from the six swollen nodes on my neck, the node above my collar bone too is swollen. that's why im travelling. im destroyed im sure. this is no drama lizzy Lou. i can barely make it to the airport. all i can do is keep re reading ur posts.
You have plenty of hope--you will be negative.