HIV Prevention Community
Worried sick!
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried sick!

7 weeks and 2 days ago ( Dec 8) I had unprotected sex with a male (twice in a 5 hour span). 5 days after encounter had yearly doctors visit and STI testing, but  tested positive for chylmidia. Blood work was drawn Dec 15 for HIV, which was negative.  I was so devastated by the chlymidia result that I did not ask the right questions of the guy when I informed him he had passed it on to me. He had no idea he had it. I can be 100% it came from him as I was test in Aug and all tests were negative, including HIV,  and he was the only guy I was with. I am tested for everything once a year some time twice.

Now from what I have read, a HIV test 1 week after possible exposure tells me that I didn't I have HIV prior to Dec 8. I have spent the last 7 weeks stressed to the max and so very afraid that I may have been exposed to other STIs and STDs. All other test done early Dec came back negative! I have been reading this forum for the last few days and the risk rate for 1 unprotected session is something along the lines of 1 in 1000. But ready numbers does always help, and I do realize that I maybe causing more harm to myself by obsessing over this!

I have felt fine overall no symptoms until week 5-6. Got a slightly swore throat, running nose and slight cough. No fever, no rash. Some headaches over the last 7 weeks but I suffer from tension headaches now and then, or headaches in general. The symptoms list went away in about week.

Spoke to my doctor after had re-tests done for chymidia (negavtive now),  and he said for piece of mind I should be tested at 3 months. But I don't think that test on Dec 15 was accurate nor does it give a firm negative in my mind. So I went for a second test on Jan 27 (7 weeks 1 day).

Waiting for result.....The result that comes back from 7 week test, can I take that for an almost confirmed result? I will be tested again at the 3 month mark from Dec 8.