Worried sick!
7 weeks and 2 days ago ( Dec 8) I had unprotected sex with a male (twice in a 5 hour span). 5 days after encounter had yearly doctors visit and STI testing, but  tested positive for chylmidia. Blood work was drawn Dec 15 for HIV, which was negative.  I was so devastated by the chlymidia result that I did not ask the right questions of the guy when I informed him he had passed it on to me. He had no idea he had it. I can be 100% it came from him as I was test in Aug and all tests were negative, including HIV,  and he was the only guy I was with. I am tested for everything once a year some time twice.

Now from what I have read, a HIV test 1 week after possible exposure tells me that I didn't I have HIV prior to Dec 8. I have spent the last 7 weeks stressed to the max and so very afraid that I may have been exposed to other STIs and STDs. All other test done early Dec came back negative! I have been reading this forum for the last few days and the risk rate for 1 unprotected session is something along the lines of 1 in 1000. But ready numbers does always help, and I do realize that I maybe causing more harm to myself by obsessing over this!

I have felt fine overall no symptoms until week 5-6. Got a slightly swore throat, running nose and slight cough. No fever, no rash. Some headaches over the last 7 weeks but I suffer from tension headaches now and then, or headaches in general. The symptoms list went away in about week.

Spoke to my doctor after had re-tests done for chymidia (negavtive now),  and he said for piece of mind I should be tested at 3 months. But I don't think that test on Dec 15 was accurate nor does it give a firm negative in my mind. So I went for a second test on Jan 27 (7 weeks 1 day).

Waiting for result.....The result that comes back from 7 week test, can I take that for an almost confirmed result? I will be tested again at the 3 month mark from Dec 8.

Just also wanted to add, during the cold symptoms I mentioned my glad on neck on left was slightly swollen, and 2 days ago my glad at the back of the jaw just below the ear lobe, is kinda tender touch and so slightly swollen.
a negative test result is HIGHLY unlikely to change at the 3 month mark.
That is if the hiv one done at 7 weeks comes back negative? That is the test I'm worried and obsessing over. It has been confirmed others are all negative to date. Sorry maybe I was clear which test I was worried and asking about.
you were asking about the 7 week test, werent you?  that is the test that i answered about.
Yes that is what I was asking. I guess I'm just so concerned about the test being accurate at 7 weeks because of the fact that after the one encounter I had chlamydia,and I'm worried I have hiv as well from that encounter.
Get tested at 3 months and you will know for sure