Young gay man trying to be careful..
After having some questions of mine answered here and looking further into the forums, this is the extent of my knowledge; HIV can only be transmitted (sexually) by having unprotected anal/vaginal intercourse.. and that is it?
I also know now that oral sex (unprotected) is viewed as a theoretical risk at best..
Does this same level of risk apply if I have a few cuts/sores on my hand and fingertip-cuticle-area created the SAME DAY that they come into contact with semen from giving a hand-job?
Why do other sources say that this is possible, when it apparently isn't?
If I always use condoms when I have anal sex with other men, will I never be at appreciable risk of HIV?

I want to believe everything I have read here.. Just some more answers would be really appreciated. I really can't figure this out by myself.
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thanks for replying Teak. So no situation I have provided has ever led to HIV transmission? Not even a small amount?
And I'm guessing that I need not even ask If I have warranted a test.
None.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/HIV-transmission-questions/show/1934155#post_9039165

You are repeating the same question you've asked a few times before.
Sorry! I know I am repeating myself. I was trying to ask as to why this cannot be considered a risk I suppose - That, and I seem to have freaked myself out a bit too much. All/Any information I find seems to be too vague, I suppose I just need some added reassurance.. Would you be able to point me towards any resources (if any) that might help me understand this better?
You need to stop searching about this, it's causing more anxiety for you.  I commend you for wanting to be safe, but think your questions are more to ease your anxiety than they are about being proactive.

If it helps, post on the doctor forum and ask them:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV---Prevention/show/117
I agree - I think the internet has been fuelling some irrational fears of mine for no real concern. I do go to therapy for ocd/anxiety- and we have talked a lot about my health related anxiety. At any rate, I'm just going to have to put my trust into you about all of this, and try my best to move on from it. I know that you are all very much contributing members on this forum, and I thank you for taking your time to address my concerns. :)