HIV Prevention Community
a revert could save my family life

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

a revert could save my family life

Hi Doc,

I am male, 28 years old. about 5 months ago had a protected exposure with two sex workers in dubai. to the best of my knowledge condom did not break . when i shifted from 1st to second the first one changed the old one and second girl did put a new condom. no skin to skin contact to the best of my knowledge. washed the penis and other area post the condom was removed. I checked with them post the act and both of them assured that they don't have HIV (they could have lied as it is dubai & you know how it is there). in the morning i noticed a small cut on the penis area which healed in three- four days hadn't seen this cut in the night.

No ARS ( did have fever once but that was due to food poisioning and recovered in three days). nothing of any sort has happened in terms of a bumps or rash or herpes etc.

went to a doctor here in india and he advised against testing saying that the chances of catching HIV are too low.

I have few questions:-

1) what are the chances i could have acquired HIV?

2) can i have unprotected sex with my wife now, planing to start a family?

i'm too scared to get tested and would not do it unless you specifically advise me to. I have promised to myself not to repeat this mistake and remain faithful in future.
Avatar n tn
teak, please answer this for me!!
No doctor will answer you on this forum. If you want to spend the money you'll need to post in their forum. "Ask A Doctor's Forum" HIV prevention.

1. you had protected sex, NO RISK.
2. yes you can have unprotected sex with your wife, you never had a risk unless you've had a situation other than the one above.
Avatar n tn
thanks teak...

since i did not a leak test on condoms i'm a little worried. i know that they haven't broken but can one really be sure? I checked with both call girls and they also confirmed that the condom did not break. but sometimes i start thinking and keep thinking about it on and on and on.

my sincere thanks to you for answering
If a condom fails, you'd know it. You don't do leak tests on condoms.