HIV Prevention Community
a revert could save my family life

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

a revert could save my family life

Hi Doc,

I am male, 28 years old. about 5 months ago had a protected exposure with two sex workers in dubai. to the best of my knowledge condom did not break . when i shifted from 1st to second the first one changed the old one and second girl did put a new condom. no skin to skin contact to the best of my knowledge. washed the penis and other area post the condom was removed. I checked with them post the act and both of them assured that they don't have HIV (they could have lied as it is dubai & you know how it is there). in the morning i noticed a small cut on the penis area which healed in three- four days hadn't seen this cut in the night.

No ARS ( did have fever once but that was due to food poisioning and recovered in three days). nothing of any sort has happened in terms of a bumps or rash or herpes etc.

went to a doctor here in india and he advised against testing saying that the chances of catching HIV are too low.

I have few questions:-

1) what are the chances i could have acquired HIV?

2) can i have unprotected sex with my wife now, planing to start a family?

i'm too scared to get tested and would not do it unless you specifically advise me to. I have promised to myself not to repeat this mistake and remain faithful in future.
teak, please answer this for me!!
No doctor will answer you on this forum. If you want to spend the money you'll need to post in their forum. "Ask A Doctor's Forum" HIV prevention.

1. you had protected sex, NO RISK.
2. yes you can have unprotected sex with your wife, you never had a risk unless you've had a situation other than the one above.
thanks teak...

since i did not a leak test on condoms i'm a little worried. i know that they haven't broken but can one really be sure? I checked with both call girls and they also confirmed that the condom did not break. but sometimes i start thinking and keep thinking about it on and on and on.

my sincere thanks to you for answering
If a condom fails, you'd know it. You don't do leak tests on condoms.