HIV Prevention Community
am i just being paranoid or is this HIV
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

am i just being paranoid or is this HIV

i was in the dominican republic not last xmas but the xmas before (xmas 2010) and i had sex with a prostitute

we had protected sex but she gave me oral sex without a condom on, i dont recall any cuts or anything

i got really stressed about it but i know its nearly impossible to catch HIV through oral sex, and i never bothered to get it checked.

its been nagging at me at the back of my mind, whenever i feel i am coming down with something, and about a year ago, i started to notice my hair to thin... Its actually been shedding quite agressively since last xmas, all over the top of the scalp. My internet research pointed to a possible Telogen Effluvium (TE). It could be male pattern baldness but i doubt it because i would be the first male in my entire family to go bald.

Would anyone agree that i am not infected and not going bald, but rather extremely stressed out about the possibility of being infected, which is causing my hair to shed quite suddenly? I am only 25, and i dont have bald spots, just thin areas of hair that i end up hiding under the rest of my hair. Looks to be growing back, but falls easily. Small bulbs at the end of each strand.

I am finally getting tested this week, after almost 2 years of wondering.

besides, if i had HIV, i would know by now right? dont worry, either way ill get tested.

Tags: hiv aids telogen effluvium TE, Telogen Effluvium, AIDS, HIV, MPB, balding, Male pattern baldness
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
PS ive been tested for thyroid, diabetes or anemia and i am fine there, and my vitamin levels are fine too - i am seeing a dermetologist next month
Blank
not hiv related my friend.  No RISK
You are stressed out.  Move on. You have science in your corner and there is 0 risk related to receiving fellatio.  Be confident that your test will be negative.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...