HIV Prevention Community
am i just being paranoid or is this HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

am i just being paranoid or is this HIV

i was in the dominican republic not last xmas but the xmas before (xmas 2010) and i had sex with a prostitute

we had protected sex but she gave me oral sex without a condom on, i dont recall any cuts or anything

i got really stressed about it but i know its nearly impossible to catch HIV through oral sex, and i never bothered to get it checked.

its been nagging at me at the back of my mind, whenever i feel i am coming down with something, and about a year ago, i started to notice my hair to thin... Its actually been shedding quite agressively since last xmas, all over the top of the scalp. My internet research pointed to a possible Telogen Effluvium (TE). It could be male pattern baldness but i doubt it because i would be the first male in my entire family to go bald.

Would anyone agree that i am not infected and not going bald, but rather extremely stressed out about the possibility of being infected, which is causing my hair to shed quite suddenly? I am only 25, and i dont have bald spots, just thin areas of hair that i end up hiding under the rest of my hair. Looks to be growing back, but falls easily. Small bulbs at the end of each strand.

I am finally getting tested this week, after almost 2 years of wondering.

besides, if i had HIV, i would know by now right? dont worry, either way ill get tested.

Tags: hiv aids telogen effluvium TE, Telogen Effluvium, AIDS, HIV, MPB, balding, Male pattern baldness
PS ive been tested for thyroid, diabetes or anemia and i am fine there, and my vitamin levels are fine too - i am seeing a dermetologist next month
not hiv related my friend.  No RISK
You are stressed out.  Move on. You have science in your corner and there is 0 risk related to receiving fellatio.  Be confident that your test will be negative.