HIV Prevention Community
ars / hiv fever

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

ars / hiv fever

can someone describe ars fever please?

is it on and off going?
is it higher than 100.94F or 38.3C?
Tags: negative, test
any idea about 4 week long on and off going fever around 101F after giving cunnilingus and receiving oral?
"Cunnilingus and oral"

Forget it, you're fine.

Deal with your mind, HIV is not the problem here.
Over 101F and can last 1-2 weeks.
thank you for fast reply teak.

"can last" means on and off going?

i have fever for a few hours then it goes down then it comes back a few days later etc but it does not stay for even a whole day
No, a lasting fever, that you get up change your cloths, get new bed covers and flip the mattress.
thx again 4 reply.

i posted my story earlier.

since 4 weeks long after sexual encounter. on and off going fever always below 101F but barely below. almost never back to normal temperature.

?????
hi mike_no thanks for answering again. you said already a lot before in my other threads.

am simply worried cause the symptoms started before i got worried.
i learned my lesson with mind from a different situation where i was almost ill in bed with all symptoms incl high fever with tshirt wet bed wet etc as teak described but tested negative. also my sex partner tested negative.

this time the symptoms started and then i worried. fever actually as the 1st or one of the 1st symptoms.

then it staid and then i started worrying..
You need to understand one thing very clearly that if you never had a risk to begin with how would your symptoms be in relation to the virus

Anxiety can cause the body temperature to rise, if you are really concerned about this issue and unable to put this behind get a test at the 6th week and move on, I guarantee you that it'll be negative.
i understand the anxiety body temperature rising part ..

BUT

the body temperature raise before my anxiety started ..

so one always has the fear that there was a hole in the condom .. especially as penis was oiled when condom pulled over
thats what dr hhh said:

"I agree none of your symptoms seems psychological, especially since you have had low-grade fever. "
1. You are dealing with 'what ifs' , thats bad, won't help you.
2. I understand, could be any thing else but has no relation to HIV.
3. Get tested, I bet it'll be negative.
am in like 3 weeks window period .. so long time to go till 6 week test ..

thats why i try to comfort myself with your guys help
5 weeks long fever .. coming and going with no system .. sometimes once a day sometimes twice a day .. temperatures around 101F ... burning in eyes .. sounds like hiv?
forget your symptoms
you were never exposed to the virus, that's the key
thanks for reply ... but its good to learn from people who have knowledge .... to not think about symptoms .. especially fever scenario as its most common in ars infection ..

so if you have an opinion to my fever pls share ..
There is no knowledge on ARS, everyone is different.
Go to AIDSMEDS and see the I JUST TESTED POZ section.
All people do is talk about their ARS there.
And each one is unique.
But you don't have ARS because you don't have a retrovirus
How can I have an opinion over the internet???
You're sick, you have fever.
Flu, mono, whatever.
Not an HIV issue.
Look, you're really scaredl, take the test to put this out of your mind.
Or better yet, take the girl to take the test.
by opinion i meant knowledge to share ..
an opinion maybe fact would have been ars fever is constant not on and og´ff going .. as teak for example stated ..

i couldnt really find any info about hiv fever besides that its mainly over 101F .. so am asking for other people opinion ,,
what you say?
i have had unprotected sex 4 weeks ago i have been having headaches and a rash on my inner thigh i have had serious anxiety about having hiv i cant tell if my lymph nodes are swollen i am scared What are the odds i have hiv
i thought fever is anything greater than 105F
If you want answers to your questions start your own thread. Don't bring up posts that are a year old.
im the same i had sex with my gf and without condom just for 2 sec then i put the condom 3 months and 10 days ago  this three month i feel i have fever and some time i dont have on and off  37. 2   37.4     one day i dont have one day i have some times before smoking shisha 36.6 then after that 37.3 im too much stress ed of having hiv up to 3 month and 10 days both me and my gf tested negetive from a week after till now and my feeling of fever i think it started before my anxity too i dont know!      what about me :(  i say maximum my fever went to 37.5 whith my tem in hospitals most of the times lower