HIV Prevention Community
blood on outside of condom, am i safe?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

blood on outside of condom, am i safe?

I have been having protected sex with a casual partner. I have used a condom each time, the condom did not break or come off. However my partner bleed a few times and this was on the outside of the condom after sex. As soon as i noticed the blood i rinsed off in the shower with the condom on and then removed it and washed again. Is the condom a safe barrier from blood in this situation?
Yes.. You were never at risk. Keep using condoms.
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO...someone who actually practices safe sex!!!!!!!!
I had sex last night with a prostitute, and i used a condom. i checked it and it was not broke. Is there any chance i could get hiv or any other std? please, answer me asap. thanks
zero chance for hiv.  protected sex = no risk
Its the same guy, that asked the question about the prostitute and unbroken condom. Well   its been 29 after exposure. 3 days after I had sex I felt some pain in my penis for a week. 7 to 8 days a went to the doctor and got tested for any std and HIV. all of them came negative, but still have some discomfort. And the doctor said that I have a low risk for infection and that I might have a urinary infection. Well my question is after carefully checked the condom for holes which were none, and got tested for HIV with the NAAT test, after 8 days is there any possibility that I might be infected with HIV? Im so worried please respond asap. Thanks
not hiv related