HIV Prevention Community
can i have hiv?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

can i have hiv?

I had protected vaginal sex with sex worker who I believe was HIV+ because of needle marks on her wrist. This was 3 weeks ago and now i have a fever of 37,8C and sore throat. I also noticed a small white spot in my throat and I think it is tonsillolith (I have never had tonsillolith before). I'd like to know if tonsillolith can be a symptom of HIV, because it may be a result of dead white blood cells which HIV kills. And is it likely that i have HIV?
Did you read all the text?
Apparently he did. He advised you that you didn't have a risk. You had protected sex.
what about the symptoms?
What about the symptoms? See a doctor if you are concerned about your symptoms they have nothing to do with HIV.
Thanks, im much less concerned now.
i need you all help desperately 9 months ago (aug 2007) i had oral sex (recieved and gave) to a girl in october 2007 i met my girl fren and had sex it wasnt till feb this year my girlfren noticed a pelvic pain and a discharge and went to the doc and was told she had chlamydia n was given doxycycline and i also got me some doxycycline as well i was also given flagyl i got tested for hiv aids 9 months after the possible exposure and the results came back negative my girlfren also got tested 7 months after we met and her test came back negative im here worried sick now cause i was on the flagyl and doxycycline at the same time i did my hiv test do think that those pills gave me a false result im so scared and lately i can feel the lymph nodes in my groin area and a weird feeling under my arms i went to the doc and had dem felt and she said theres nothing under my arm pits but she said the ones on my groin arent much to worry about could my medications give me a false hiv test result im here worried sick please help
No, that medication would not have given you a false negative result. You're conclusively negative.
so what can cause my groin lymph nodes then teak as well the weird under arm feeling? my girlfren has no symthoms like these as well as i have a white tongue lately one of the many docs i went to said nothin is wrong wid me could he be tru or cud this be stress related ?
It could be both, what we do know it's not HIV.
thnx again teak so it would be a waste of time having a next HIV test right?
Hi there, I've experienced this for 3 years now and they come and go many times through the year. I get them quite a lot, they are nicknamed tonsil stones and I find I get them more when Im stressed.
They are harmless but quite annoying and can leave a horrible taste in the back of your throat. They can be quite difficult to remove yourself if you have a sensitive gag reflex, but if youre like me then you'l have no trouble.
They are easy to remove with cotton wool buds, just shine a torch down your throat and apply pressure where you can see them and they just pop out. There are many holes in tonsils so can be tricky at times. Just make sure you brush your teeth really well and more importantly the back of your tongue. Because these "tonsil stones" are built up of bacteria. Hope I've helped.