HIV Prevention Community
conclusive test result

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

conclusive test result

Hi guys my exposure is unprotected vaginal sex and oral sex w/ a girl ive met in a pub. after my friends scares me why i havent used a protection. si i get paranoid and get tested. i test @ 4 weeks w/ a rapid antibody test @ 6 weeks orasure test and @ 8 weeks a determine duo rapid test by alere. Upon reading here in this expert forum and the doctors and international forum. Ive found out there a bit of discrepancies of information. The doctors stance that an 8 week duo test is conclusive or even a stand alone antibody test only. And this forum stance  any hiv test after 12 weeks is conclusive. Should i take another test? How come medhelp expert forum and medhelp doctors forum have different opinions about window periods? And i read here that teak says that a duo test will just make a 1 week earlier detection so if the window period is 12 weeks if a person will take a duo test it will be conclusive @ 11 weeks. Thats what i understand in teaks several post. thanks guys
Early detection is not the same as a conclusive result. You need test 3 months post exposure to obtain your conclusive NEGATIVE test result.
so how about your post before that ive read that 11 weeks of duo test is conclusive. Can i take it by 11 week? because im going out of country work and the place is isolated and remote it is on papua new gunea. i will take it before my flight. And why my doctor gaves me a clear conclusive that im on a clear that im hiv negative? He explain that there is no chance that a negative 8 weeks duo test will turn possitive. Is it correct? But teak if i will take @ my 11 week and two days can i rest my mind that its conclusive or should i think about it in my next 6 months while im away at my work?
Where is the post.
Actually its been confusing about window periods. because when i took my orasure test @ 6 weeks the doctor tells me the window period is 6 months. and he just show me the brossure of the test and some cdc guide lines. saying 97% of people will create antibody but there our 3 % will take more up to 6 months. And i found it very very wrong.. Because ive read here in medhelp its is 12 weeks. and doctors forum 8 weeks is conclusive.. what is the ral deal upon this window periods?
Were is the post?
ok i will just copy and paste it when i found it. but your comment goes something like this.
DUO test will identify HIV infection about 1 week earlier than a standard HIV antibody test.
Just read some few threds that your saying that a duo will be conclusive 1 week earlier than a standard antibody test.. so it will be 11 weeks ryt?
teak can i take my 11 week and 2 days duo test will be conclusive? it will be 2 weeks from now..
Early detection is not the same as a conclusive negative test result. There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test earlier than 3 months post exposure and the window period is 4 weeks to 3 months.
No it won't be a conclusive and anything over 4 weeks and and the antigen part of the DUO test is useless.
http://www.orasure.com/products-infectious/products-infectious-oraquick.asp#faq4

Are all negatives true negatives?
A Non-Reactive (negative) test means that anti-HIV antibodies were not detected in the specimen. This test result is interpreted as Negative.

It is possible to get a negative screening test if the infection is very recent. This may be because there is a window period of several weeks when a person may be infected but antibodies to the virus have not reached a concentration that is visible. Therefore, if a person has certain risk factors, or thinks they may have been exposed to HIV, they should be retested in three months to be certain of a negative result.
Teak  
Aug 27, 2008 DUO test will identify HIV infection about 1 week earlier then a standard HIV antibody test.
Were is the post?
i cant find the tread that you teel that 11 week duo test is conclusive gonna dig up on search queries.. Or all of those are old threads w/c you dont remember anymore.. So my qyestion is a 11 weeks and 2 days is conclusive?? so if antigen part of it is useless at that time. i will take a normal rapid antibody test. I understand teak your in medical field so medically lets just stay away in the guidelines, Do you think negative 8 weeks duo test will miss out an infection. As i understand on the doctors here in the forum any duo test in 4+ weeks is conclusive. but i know still this expert forum will not change there stance unless cdc change there guidelines,.. so im asking in your own medical experience teak. and interpretation of this hiv virus.
You just said you looked at it, post the thread. We don't want to hear you said someone said something without the proof. How did you copy and paste the part with the date if you can't find it?
thats the post teak. i cant copy the url of it.. its your comments on some old threads.. But i dont think you can remember that.. So is that statement from you are correct or not? that a duo test will detect 1 week earlier on a standard antibody test
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive negative test result.

The window period is 4 weeks to 3 months. Period.
http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
#4
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results

UK Fourth Generation  Testing
http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Testing/GlinesHIVTest08.pdf
Post testing
Page 11
The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.
ok teak if i take it @ 81 days.. its just hair splitting days of 84 days.. why is this window period is complicated. Cmon why 79 days is not conclusive..
Why is it so hard to use condoms?
ok serch olley.. its his thread.. ok i will copy and paste it. and you even state that 11 week duo test is conclusive.. later i will paste it.. ok? thanks
Paste it now.
Aparently you read what you wanted to read. "Same thread that you left off the important information."

Teak  Aug 27, 2008 .

After 3 months your test will be conclusive and NOT before.

.
Now if you are going to post make sure you post it correctly.
teak thats the thread.. so it means thats info is not correct??
Go back and reread what it says. Try reading the whole thread and comprehending what you read.
im not arguing sir. its just my understanding on your comments.. why i should come up here then i will argue w/ the experts here.. its just i really read some of your comments telling that suo test will be conclusive 1 week earlier.. because of my situation i need some expert advise.. so if for you 79 days is not conclusive how about 81 days? because again i read some of your comments on old threads that is good enough and conclusive? what the difference of 79 days and 81 days..
It does not say that at all. It says, quote DUO test will identify HIV infection about 1 week earlier then a standard HIV antibody test. No where does it say anything about conclusive. Conclusive is not even mention in that post. The above post says, "After 3 months your test will be conclusive and NOT before."

Is that or is that not what is posted in that thread?

ok.. how about the 81 days test? is it good enough and is it finaleans conclusive? because i can push my flight until there.. why the 79 days is not good enough and i read in some old thread that you comment is 81 days is final and good enogh whats the difference of 2 days.. i think this virus will not gonna just pop out like that. even the doctors say @ 3 weeks a person will create enough antibody to detect for the test.
Post the thread.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/teak-and-others-please-respond/show/369851#

thats the thread. When you say its final and good enough?? you mean its conclusive right? whats the difference betwen 79 days and 81 days? if you can tell 81 days is good enough and final why not 79 days? i will took the test maybe 79/80 days few more hours on 79 days and few hours short on 80 days.. is this things really matters? did my past 3 test means that im on a clear already and this 79 day test i will take is for my piece of mind.. because i think if i ever do really get infected somehow 1 of those test will catch the antibody most specially the duo test @ 8 weeks because even the antigen part of it will not show anymore the antibody test will surely detect it. As per the doctors here at medhelp..
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
ok anyone here that can answer that question?? mr. teak i dont get you.. you can just answered the question and lets be done w/ it.. its you that ask me to post that threads.. Then after i post it your not going to answer the questions and leave it hanging on there.. Hope some expert answer that question. And mr. teak i think its a valid question so stop gaving me warning response. If you dont want to answer its fine w/ me
Read your first post 8 weeks is not conclusive.

Page 11
#4

UK Fourth Generation  Testing
Post testing
Page 11
ok mr teak. thats not my question i know its only a good indication as per this forum stance. i accept that opinion. but my question is according about if i will take the test @ 79 days it will not be conclusive?? why on threads ive post that you comment that @ 81 days yoy tell its final. good enough and can move on. this means its conclusive right even though you dont used that term. Now my question is there a huge difference between 79 days and 81 days,. because if im going back to the doctor for sure he will tell me its conclusive because he put me in a clear already at my 8 week test. Hope you can answer it mr. teak and i apologize if im some kind of harsh.. hope you understand how we feel.. thanks
It's not the forums stance, it's the manufactures and the FDA.
ok i undestand it. and the guidelines that this forums follows.. but still its out of the question anymore. im asking in your experience because i know that your in medical field also and i can say the one of the most knowledgable person here in this forum. Sir i kindly asking you to answer the question. why you tell me if i will take a 79 day test it will not be conclusive. which in a thread i post you comment that the poster to move on at his 79 days. i found also on some threads that 81 days you tell its final and good enough,. i think all you mean there is it conclusive. so again im asking what yhe difference between a 81 day test and 79 day test can i take my test @ 79 days? and i can move on and say its good enough its final for me. or should i postponed my flight and tae 81 days,.. thanks..
Do the math. US uses 13 weeks all others use 12. Both equal 3 month. 8 weeks is not 12 or 13 weeks nor is 8 wecks 79 days.
Should have used a condom now shouldn't have you.
So mr teak. What your answer to my question? Should i do it 81 days or 79 days is good enough.. Im preparing myself now. That if ever i test and i know it would be negative i will accept it and thats it no more test again
a test at 79 days is NOT going to change in 2 days.

now move along...your question HAS BEEN ANSWERED ! ! !
thanks and i can take it as my conclusive test??
if you are going to keep concerning yourself with this...WHY DONT YOU TEST AT 84 DAYS AND GET THAT "CONCLUSIVE" RESULT?

79?  81?  how about 84?????

geeeez
im going out the country for work mam.. hence the project i wil go to is very remote.. i will stay there minimum 6 months. anyways if its good enough a can rest my mind and the doctor gave me already a all clear conclusive hiv negative on my 8 week test