HIV Prevention Community
condoms how effective are they

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

condoms how effective are they

i had sex with a guy a couple months ago using protection and did not break after we had sex he told me he was hiv positive and it scared the living hell out of me i would just like to know how effective are condoms and is there a chance i contracted hiv? even if i used the condom properly and it did not break we only had sex once and one more question how long does ARS last for ?
As long as the condom remained intact you were not exposed. If one has ars they come about two to four weeks following an exposure and last one to two weeks. You are beyond the three month mark so an antibody test at this time would be conclusive
You never had an exposure and there is no need to test.
is polyisoprene and polyurethene just as effective as latex we used the durax bare condoms i think