HIV Prevention Community
could i have HIV ?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

could i have HIV ?

ok guys, im gonna try to explain everything in one post but please bare with me as everyday is like a living hell for me from being paranoid about hiv. around 8 months ago, i had  a sexual encounter and 4 months after that i got an hiv test and it was negative. but from that exposure i think i developed a phobia from the hiv virus. so after that axposure, i think i had another one 3 months ago where i went to a really dirty cafe place while i was on vacation and i ordered a hooka or shisha and i thought that the tip of it had semen on it because the waiter was really disrespectful and it looked like semen but i did wipe it off with a napkin but i accidentally used the napkin (that i wiped the hookah with)  to wipe my mouth afterwards and i had cuts my my lips. and the last possible exposure that could have gotten me hiv was august 1st, 2011(a few days ago), i went to new york city and when i was walking in the streets, i stepped on a nail that went through my flip flop and poked  my feet but didnt bleed, and then 10 minutes later i stepped on a piece metal pin that was a little rusted that went through the hole that the nail made on my flip flop but this time i felt a little pain but it still didnt bleed. now the reason im going crazy is because 3 days ago i noticed a lump under the skin on the leg crease of my right leg , it started out as really itchy at first but not its just pain when i touch it and feel it, its a little mobile, and hard . im afraid it might be like a lymphnode that is swollen from the hiv virus. now i know that you guys say that the hiv dies when its outside a host, but for instance what if the nail and pin that i stepped on was stepped on by another person right before me , and what if the semen ( or atleast thats what i thought it was ) that was on the hookah was fresh ? could i still have a risk of getting hiv. and btw after that hookak exposure, 3 weeks later i had cold like symptoms (runny nose, tired, sneezing, fever , etc) . so thats pretty much it did i have a risk and please acknowledge me about this if im wrong .
Look,it,s understandable that you may have developed some phobia from that sexual encounter you had 8 months ago but you have nothing to fear about the other events that occured because hiv is not transmitted that way.I doubt very much that it was semen on your hooka,but remember that hiv becomes inactive as soon as exposed to air and that transmission occurs inside the body not outside.You never had a risk and it would be a good idea to seek help for your hiv related phobias otherwise the situation could become worse to the stage where you might think everything you touch or eat is contaminated with the virus.All the best.
i really appreciate your answer, but what might explain that i possibly might have a lymphnode on the leg crease im not even sick i just have it there , could it be from another reason ?
Yes,because it definately has nothing to do with hiv.They can simply appear when where not feeling well.
well can they appear if you are feeling normal because i dont really feel sick ?
Move along you don't have an HIV concern.
i gotta question for you, lets just say a person that had hiv stepped on the nail, and i stepped on it right after him , would there be a concern of getting hiv, i just want to get this straight ? please excuse my obsessiveness