HIV Prevention Community
could i have hiv and not know it?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

could i have hiv and not know it?

After 12 years would i know if I had HIV?  Never experienced any symptoms and feel totally well but recently found out that a ex-boyfriend of mine had been with a couple of prostitues just before we started dating in 1997. I'm unsure if he used protection with them and I'm now anxious that I've caught HIV from him.  My husband was tested for every sti including hiv in 2004, we had been going out for 2 1/2 years at that time and he tested negative.  Does that mean that I am probably negative too?  Just worried because all of the stuff you read on the net about hiv lying dormant for years.
Thanks.
Test!
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers