HIV Prevention Community
curious..times 2

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

curious..times 2

okay just for reasurance, why is hiv not spreaded via recieving oral sex, dr.hook said it is possible but unlikely, well unlikely to me sounds like a risk..help me understand
Saliva is not infectious.
okay thank you, one last question..if hiv symptoms were to appear would they all apear at the same time, or one by one?
i know teak, but if you would reply to that last question i swear i'll be on my way for good
Why? So for the next 2 weeks you can come on here daily and say I got this symptom and that symptom and so on. Believe there is no risk. That is all the info you need to know.
if someone were experiencing ars symptoms, they would come at once...not one after another over a period of weeks.

why do you got to be so vicious vance? you dont know me and you dont know my situation...please dont judge me, if i said i'll be on my way it means...I'LL BE ON MY WAY! and thank you very much Lizzie your answer put my mind at ease
Vicious?? I am being honest with you. I can't tell you how many times I see the above question and the person is back saying I got this or that symptom. Instead of just believing they had no risk.

No I don't know you but I read your situation.
Hi there - please don't take it personally.  Most people here won't give advice on symptoms for a variety of reasons.  First, HIV does not always produce symptoms - it is our stance that HIV can only be diagnosed by testing, and that symptoms, or lack thereof, mean nothing.  Second, while you sound as though you are likely to keep your word and accept that you had no risk, it is often the case that anxiety gets the best of people, and they have real or imagined symptoms that they believe to be HIV-related, even when they have had NO risk.  When members focus on symptoms, they often end up back here posting anxiety-driven questions, which aren't productive to anyone.

Thus, it is the goal of this forum to focus on assessing risk and advising members on whether they need to test, what test is conclusive, and the time period of testing.
i understand what your saying, and i did kind of took it personally so im sorry about that..and Vance i know u were just trying to help so im sorry about that to, my anxiety gets me upset from time to time and im trying to work on it..but thanks for you guys help and understanding my situation..i'll ne on my way now aha, take care