deathly scared, cellulitis and hiv
I'm a 20 year old male. I had unprotected sex with an ex partner on December 27th (2012). Prior to that, we had both been tested, and I assumed she had not had any other partners in the time we had broken up. I later found out she had a single unprotected vaginal encounter with another male. We do not know his HIV status.

On January 16th, after popping an ingrown hair on my shaft, I developed fever/chills overnight, and my penis shaft swelled up tremendously in a few  hours (all symptoms of cellulitis). No sores, just swollen. Doctor said he was certain it was cellulitis, and prescribed antibiotics which fixed everything.

After doing some reading, I found that cellulitis can affect people with HIV because of their weakened immune system. I guess it is the timing of all this that has me scared.

Realistically, could the cellulitis be related to HIV? In other words, does HIV weaken the immune system that quickly? Or do they mean that in the long term, those with HIV are prone to developing cellulitis?

Also, I was tested on January 17th for HIV, negative (realize 3 weeks post encounter isn't completely accurate). The woman was tested on January 23rd, which was about 5.5 - 6 weeks after he encounter with that male. She tested negative.
No cellulitis is not related to HIV. The only way to know your status is by testing. Symptoms or lack of means nothing. You can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
Thank you. How good of an indication is the females 5.5-6 week post exposure negative result?
Anybody?