HIV Prevention Community
direah

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

direah

doc, i have had direah for over two months (constant] drs dont have any answers. engaged in oral sex over 2 monthe ago was tested 6 and 8 weeks after risk. test was negative. man is hiv positive should i be tested again? test was a oral swab test both time I tested. thank you
Avatar n tn
No Doc on this forum.  This is patient to patient.  8 weeks is an almost conclusve sign that your ailments are not due to HIV.  Because you know the person is postive I would get tested at 12 weeks as this is what the CDC suggests.  You can take your 12 week test as conclusive.
Avatar n tn
is diareah common with hiv beggining stages
Avatar n tn
It can also be caused from stress
Diarreah is not normally a symptom of HIV, especially for 2 months. Oral sex carries no risk for HIV anyway. You never needed testing in the first place.
Oral exposure with 8 weeks negative and no further exposures (or previous high risks)?
Only for your easy of mind and if you feel you need it,  get your 12 weeks neg. for peace of mind.

PD: Diarrhea alone not HIV symptom, besides that "real diarrhea" (if its what we are talking about)  for 2 months is seriously and you should do check that.

Best wishes.

Avatar n tn
thank you all for the support and answers you gave me, I will keep all of you in my prayers and i will never ever practice unsafe sex again no matter how small the risk