HIV Prevention Community
direct contact of fresh wounds

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

direct contact of fresh wounds

hi all,

I just want to ask few things:-

1. if two person(1 of which is hiv+) are having fresh wounds both wounds are bleeding & both wounds comes in direct contact of eachother for 2-3 min,hiv transmission is possible?

2.wat if one of them is having fresh wound & other is having an open wound,who is at a risk one with fresh wound or one with open wound provided one with open wound is HIV+?

3. is this type of  casses are a possiblity for hiv?

pls  answer it,i have something similar....

thanks in advance.

Cut through the what if's and tell what happened to you. That was your risk can be assessed and we are not trying to figure out "what if this or what if that".
I was with a girl while holding her hand her bangle breaks,struck her hand and her hand starts bleeding & after few min the same glass puctuates into my hand & hand starts bleeding.

The girl was a prostitute & i dont know her status.I went for the test after 7 weeks & it came negative.

Now pls tell me

is there is a risk for me to catch HIV from her?

Do i need anather test?